First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
What skids do you have for the tranny and oil pans? The ones from the very beginning of this thread.
It's the M.O.R.E. oil/trans skid. I have to warn you though, I let the dealership change my oil the first two times (because we get 4 free oil changes) and they got oil all on the inside/top of the skid. This leads me to believe the oil drain hole is not aligned correctly. I will not be taking my Jeep to the dealership for the last 2 free oil changes. They let it happen again the second time after I warned them. I complained and they cleaned up the oil. They said they cleaned the top of my skid without removing or loosening the bolts. A few days later I noticed two bolts were only halfway screwed in so I say BS! They totally messed with it to clean up the oil.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
It's the M.O.R.E. oil/trans skid. I have to warn you though, I let the dealership change my oil the first two times (because we get 4 free oil changes) and they got oil all on the inside/top of the skid. This leads me to believe the oil drain hole is not aligned correctly. I will not be taking my Jeep to the dealership for the last 2 free oil changes. They let it happen again the second time after I warned them. I complained and they cleaned up the oil. They said they cleaned the top of my skid without removing or loosening the bolts. A few days later I noticed two bolts were only halfway screwed in so I say BS! They totally messed with it to clean up the oil.
Why am I not surprised. How much was the skid?

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Cool thanks for the info. I was between MORE and Skid Row for my LJ and went with Skid Row. He is in the process of getting his JL skids out so I was wondering what MORE was charging.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Cool thanks for the info. I was between MORE and Skid Row for my LJ and went with Skid Row. He is in the process of getting his JL skids out so I was wondering what MORE was charging.
You're welcome! I never heard of Skid Row (except for the metal hair band, LOL). I'll have to check them out.

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I removed the Mopar lift because I wanted to go bigger. I installed the 3.5 inch MetalCloak Game Changer lift with Rocksport shocks. It turned out awesome!

8863A105-671D-4403-BE73-DA0DE92C4D35.JPG

IMG_4640.jpg

21E02108-96E5-4259-B2DB-2691A162B079.JPG
How much actual lift did this give you over the Mopar lift? Jeep is looking bada$$ :rock:

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
How much actual lift did this give you over the Mopar lift? Jeep is looking bada$$ :rock:
Thanks! I believe when we measured it, it was about 1.5 inches taller than the Mopar lift. Maybe a tiny bit less than 1.5 inches.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Hey, thanks! Yeah it's a great lift! My tires stick out about 1.5 inches. It's due to my wheels though. They have a 4.5 backspacing and -12 offset. You can find wheels that won't stick out much. Give Quadratec or Northridge 4x4 a call and they can tell you which wheels to buy. Both of them offer discounts too. PM me if you need their discount codes/information.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, thanks! Yeah it's a great lift! My tires stick out about 1.5 inches. It's due to my wheels though. They have a 4.5 backspacing and -12 offset. You can find wheels that won't stick out much. Give Quadratec or Northridge 4x4 a call and they can tell you which wheels to buy. Both of them offer discounts too. PM me if you need their discount codes/information.
Hi, wanted to know if I could get the discount code for North Ridge and or Quadratec, thanks.

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Hi, wanted to know if I could get the discount code for North Ridge and or Quadratec, thanks.
Of course! Northridge, place you’re order online and use discount code “litebrite” for at least 10% off. With Quadratec, call in your order, tell them you’re a forum member and receive 10% off and free upgraded UPS ground shipping! PM me if you have any issues!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Northridge is "jlwranglerforums" and it will get you up to 20% off. You can use litebrite but it's the same discount as the forum one.
Also I have had VERY good results with calling Extremeterrain and straight up asking them can they hook me up. 99% of the time they have taken care of me.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course! Northridge, place you’re order online and use discount code “litebrite” for at least 10% off. With Quadratec, call in your order, tell them you’re a forum member and receive 10% off and free upgraded UPS ground shipping! PM me if you have any issues!
Awesome, thank you!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great thread Donnie and excellent build you've got going! Thanks for the heads-up on the MORE skids.
Sponsored