Sponsored

Big Question for Those Who Purchased Their Jeep in Idaho;

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Did y'all drive to Calgary/Banff NP after purchasing your Jeep? I am wondering if there were any hassles driving a new vehicle into Canada with paper plates.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Did y'all drive to Calgary/Banff NP after purchasing your Jeep? I am wondering if there were any hassles driving a new vehicle into Canada with paper plates.
Paper plates? Is that how it works in the States? I got real plates the moment I bought my Jeep from the dealership.

OP
OP

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Paper plates? Is that how it works in the States? I got real plates the moment I bought my Jeep from the dealership.
In Texas, it takes 30-45 days to get plates.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It depends on the place. Until this year, in California they'd just stick a little piece of paper on your windshield saying you just bought the car, and you could drive around with no plates for 2 months lol. Now they print paper license plates with temporary numbers. Most other states I've seen do something similar, but some will put real license plates on the car when you buy it.

JPOutlaw

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL - The GOAT; 2012 JK - Junior
I went up there this year with my JL but had plates. As long as you have your passport and vehicle paperwork, you shouldn't have any issues. Just smile, answer the dude's questions and you'll be on your way.
Sponsored