Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
I had them installed and had to immediately take them out. They raised the seat height too much for me. I will say the travel was fantastic. I even tried to combine them with the modified rear seat legs and they were still to high. I ended up just doing the modified rear seat legs using 1 3/4 square tube and that is just enough to get my right knee out of the dash and get me just under the sound bar to where I will not die in an accident.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
It sucks Jeep made the JL like this. It’s one of my biggest disappointments for sure - that and lack of leg room for driver / passenger. Not front to back but width wise. It just feels very cramped.

I am 6’ tall with a long torso. As far as the seat height, with the adjustment fully lowered my head is literally about 0.5” away from the sound bar. I have to pull my hips way forward on the seat to sink into the seat as much as possible for it to feel normal. Also my eyes are level with the top of the rear view mirror and I look out the top of the windshield while driving.

Sounds like I’m some 7’6” NBA player - but no I’m an average Joe @ 6’ tall. Once again I am blown away that Jeep did this. Is everyone that works at Jeep 5’6” and under ??? Lol

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It sucks Jeep made the JL like this. It’s one of my biggest disappointments for sure - that and lack of leg room for driver / passenger. Not front to back but width wise. It just feels very cramped.

Sounds like I’m some 7’6” NBA player - but no I’m an average Joe @ 6’ tall. Once again I am blown away that Jeep did this. Is everyone that works at Jeep 5’6” and under ??? Lol
I'm 6'3". Long legs and torso.

It's difficult to not make comparisons between the ergonomics of my JLU, and the YJ that I bought new back in late 1994.

The new Jeep has pretty decent fore-and-aft legroom, whereas the YJ was a bit lacking there. The old Jeep had a considerably wider footwell, though, due to a lower and less crowded transmission tunnel coupled with much less interior plastic trim panels being used.

The YJ's dashboard was lower and simpler, too, and with the correct complement of analog gauges present. That vehicle felt cozy without feeling crowded.

The JLU feels cozy, in a less positive sense, precisely because the interior design begins to crowd out any sense of space. It is a product of its time and place, though, and I don't expect subsequent generations of the model to improve on this particular metric.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I'm 6'3". Long legs and torso.

It's difficult to not make comparisons between the ergonomics of my JLU, and the YJ that I bought new back in late 1994.

The new Jeep has pretty decent fore-and-aft legroom, whereas the YJ was a bit lacking there. The old Jeep had a considerably wider footwell, though, due to a lower and less crowded transmission tunnel coupled with much less interior plastic trim panels being used.

The YJ's dashboard was lower and simpler, too, and with the correct complement of analog gauges present. That vehicle felt cozy without feeling crowded.

The JLU feels cozy, in a less positive sense, precisely because the interior design begins to crowd out any sense of space. It is a product of its time and place, though, and I don't expect subsequent generations of the model to improve on this particular metric.
I also had a YJ - boatloads of legroom side to side. And it had enough forward and back to keep me happy, I never wanted more than I had. Also my view was through the center of the windshield and the top of my head was nowhere near the roll bar.

Of course there were also many things much worse than the JL. Just disappointed that after all this time it seems like Jeep had taken a couple steps forward in mechanics but a couple back in common sense & BASIC interior comfort (space)

Bigcolt45

First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Can someone make me two of these for the rear of my front seat ?

LDJD79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can someone make me two of these for the rear of my front seat ?
Unfortunately I don’t have the time. Find a local welder and I’m sure he could make any variation of these if he has access to your Jeep and you show him these pictures. Or you could just wait until @DesertDoesIt releases theirs.

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Unfortunately I don’t have the time. Find a local welder and I’m sure he could make any variation of these if he has access to your Jeep and you show him these pictures. Or you could just wait until @DesertDoesIt releases theirs.
We just picked up a JLU seat to prototype. Hopefully we will get started next week.

Sponsored

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link