First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I have been following this thread with the same complaint as others, tired of feeling like I am sitting on top of the Jeep. It's super cool to see all of the different approaches. @jlrusoin & @LDJD79 & @MJHuber You guys are awesome for taking the time to share the details of your solutions.

I completed my lowering mod last night using the LDJD79 approach but with 1.5" square aluminum bar stock. I don't have a machine shop so my aluminum adapters are a bit janky. I'll probably use these to design proper adapters and have them machined & anodized. For now, they'll work. The lowered seat is a major improvement!

2021-01-09 21.45.31.jpg
2021-01-09 21.45.39.jpg
2021-01-10 11.32.19.jpg
2021-01-10 11.32.27.jpg
A lot of interest in these ...

Machined and anodized they could be a nice little side business for you... include a couple bolts and bobs your uncle LOL

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I would prefer a set by @MJHuber. There is a LOT of force on those bolts and seat rails during an accident. I wouldn't rely on Aluminum unless there was a lot of engineering data to back it up. Just my 2 cents.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Personally, I would prefer a set by @MJHuber. There is a LOT of force on those bolts and seat rails during an accident. I wouldn't rely on Aluminum unless there was a lot of engineering data to back it up. Just my 2 cents.
A steel version would be superior for sure.

I wonder what the fabricator mentioned earlier in this thread would charge for a set...

Sponsored

cburger71

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon; 2012 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Corvette ZR1
A steel version would be superior for sure.

I wonder what the fabricator mentioned earlier in this thread would charge for a set...
I am sure I'm bias, but given the number of threads I've seen of people complaining about the driver's seat height, there sure seems to be the demand. Desertdoesit fabricates some nice front seat risers to help with thigh support, perhaps they could fabricate the entire seat rail such that it is lowered in the rear, but is at enough of an angle to give thigh support. :)

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I am sure I'm bias, but given the number of threads I've seen of people complaining about the driver's seat height, there sure seems to be the demand. Desertdoesit fabricates some nice front seat risers to help with thigh support, perhaps they could fabricate the entire seat rail such that it is lowered in the rear, but is at enough of an angle to give thigh support. :)
@DesertDoesIt What do you think? Is this a doable idea?

There is definitely a lot of interest. You would probably sell 10-20 sets at least just in this thread.

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
@DesertDoesIt What do you think? Is this a doable idea?

There is definitely a lot of interest. You would probably sell 10-20 sets at least just in this thread.
Thanks for reaching out, this is something we've been looking into since we introduced our JL fixed and adjustable front Seat Jackers. It would definitely compliment our product line.

We are in talks with a local offroad shop to use one of there JLUs as a prototype. The end result would be a solid steel product with cut/drill templates. Once we are ready to show a prototype, I will start a new thread to gauge interest.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Thanks for reaching out, this is something we've been looking into since we introduced our JL fixed and adjustable front Seat Jackers. It would definitely compliment our product line.

We are in talks with a local offroad shop to use one of there JLUs as a prototype. The end result would be a solid steel product with cut/drill templates. Once we are ready to show a prototype, I will start a new thread to gauge interest.
Sounds good I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Make sure to post your new thread in here so the guys in this thread have a better chance to see it

cburger71

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon; 2012 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Corvette ZR1

Awesome! I have your Seat Jackers. Quality product, and deliver the right amount of support in the thighs. Looking forward to your prototype!

Sponsored

Bee_eye_gee

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler

Any updates yet?

Bee_eye_gee

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Anybody know if Is there any other solution? like a straight-up low profile seat configuration? As in a complete seat replacement that specifically addresses this issue?

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Anybody know if Is there any other solution? like a straight-up low profile seat configuration? As in a complete seat replacement that specifically addresses this issue?
None that I’ve seen.

If you find one be sure to post it here

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase

Any update?

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU

Really looking forward to this!
Sponsored