Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I'm more worried about my wife smashing her head up on the bottom of the steering wheel than hitting my head on the roll bar, that 6" addition to rear travel looks pretty good. As an aside what is that module under the seat? I was fishing out a petrified french fry and saw a module under there with clear plastic hoses sticking out of it, does this thing have an aquarium I haven't found yet?
Sponsored

Karpcbk15

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Has anyone installed either of the production seat extenders on 2 door JL? Extend my seathttp://extendmyseat.com/jeep-wrangler-2018-present-jl/ and Misch Bib boyhttps://misch4x4.com/wrangler-jl-bigboy-brackets.html both indicate for 4 door JLU only. Wonder if it's because the seat extender would put it too close to 2 door back seat. I guess if the back seat was to be used would be an issue.
I put the Misch ones in a 2 door. However, I imagine it would not hold up well in an accident. I had to cut a portion of the back left side bracket due to the hump of the rear wheel well. Which meant compromising the integrity of the rear mount hole. Makes it a "U" shape instead of completely surrounded by metal.

But it certainly can be done.

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
I put the Misch ones in a 2 door. However, I imagine it would not hold up well in an accident. I had to cut a portion of the back left side bracket due to the hump of the rear wheel well. Which meant compromising the integrity of the rear mount hole. Makes it a "U" shape instead of completely surrounded by metal.

But it certainly can be done.
Did you end up buying one?

I’m in the same situation. I’m looking at getting the extendmyseat ones as they seem to be better built and don’t seem to raise the seat beyond the thickness of the metal.

any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Did you end up buying one?

I’m in the same situation. I’m looking at getting the extendmyseat ones as they seem to be better built and don’t seem to raise the seat beyond the thickness of the metal.

any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
I did get them. The Misch are the same as extendmyseats. In that they only raise the thickness of the metal. When extendmyseats first came out, I was not happy. As they i paid for preorder, they said within 30 days. After a few months, I cancelled.

However, I would be curious to see their setup. To see how it compares.

Sponsored

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did get them. The Misch are the same as extendmyseats. In that they only raise the thickness of the metal. When extendmyseats first came out, I was not happy. As they i paid for preorder, they said within 30 days. After a few months, I cancelled.

However, I would be curious to see their setup. To see how it compares.
Extendaseat is $275 versus the Big Boy which is $175. I don't mind paying more if it's worth it.

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finished the install. Took about an hour. I would suggest a piece of duct tape begins the front two bolts so they don’t fall out during install.

here is before and after of travel. Very pleased so far, we’ll made!!!

need to figure out what to do with the rear mat.

0832BCBA-0A91-4DA1-B709-41698DC21146.jpeg

65EA1334-E117-49D8-A8D6-46C037C42A34.jpeg

015F0E8A-84A8-43F0-80BC-579DB9AE418E.jpeg

543E9C18-A597-4949-AAD2-C312534344A1.jpeg

54A43DCF-03AC-4638-8F5A-0BA78F8BBBCF.jpeg

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wouldn't mind seeing what people come up with, I'm 6' 2" and could see hitting my head in a hard crash I guess. Otherwise its not a problem for daily driving.
Maybe try wearing the safety belt?

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be aware, with the new position of the rear bracket, I had to cut out a piece of the door pillar trim to ensure it was seared flat.

97E8C881-6D9B-4F2D-B7AC-10058205B0FD.jpeg

Sponsored

doorstuck

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon 2-door
I've got the same issue, but I need like 3 more inches of clearance though so I'm not sure anything's gonna do it. I took a look under the seat and while it's true that the front part of the RH driver rail sits on the floor, it looks like there's some room to drop the back down significantly.

Thanks @Yorkie3621 for the pictures of the Big Boy brackets. Is there any reason a bracket couldn't be fabricated that starts after that hump on the floor, and just sits the rail flush on the floor? Even with those brackets, it looks like the stock part that raises the rail ~3 inches is still used (at the back of each rail).

Here's a janky diagram of what i'm talking about:

298723-55c24688f0c8ef60703238664b3e2c37.png

It looks like you would lose the ability to move the seat forwards past the hump, but that's ok for me.

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got the same issue, but I need like 3 more inches of clearance though so I'm not sure anything's gonna do it. I took a look under the seat and while it's true that the front part of the RH driver rail sits on the floor, it looks like there's some room to drop the back down significantly.

Thanks @Yorkie3621 for the pictures of the Big Boy brackets. Is there any reason a bracket couldn't be fabricated that starts after that hump on the floor, and just sits the rail flush on the floor? Even with those brackets, it looks like the stock part that raises the rail ~3 inches is still used (at the back of each rail).

Here's a janky diagram of what i'm talking about:

298723-55c24688f0c8ef60703238664b3e2c37.png

It looks like you would lose the ability to move the seat forwards past the hump, but that's ok for me.
I don’t see why not. I’m very pleased with these Misch 4X4 brackets but I do feel like I’m about an inch higher though it’s not a big deal.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
I don’t see why not. I’m very pleased with these Misch 4X4 brackets but I do feel like I’m about an inch higher though it’s not a big deal.
The problem for a lot of us isn’t the legroom the big boys give, it’s the lack of headroom to the roll bar. The majority of us are either touching or way to close to the bar to be safe. I’m worried about being killed if I am re-ended. I love my Jeep but I need a solution to lower this seat some how.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The problem for a lot of us isn’t the legroom the big boys give, it’s the lack of headroom to the roll bar. The majority of us are either touching or way to close to the bar to be safe. I’m worried about being killed if I am re-ended. I love my Jeep but I need a solution to lower this seat some how.
This...I'm in the same boat at 6'3" tall with longer torso. When I sit up decently straight, the back of my head touches the roll bar and my line of vision is level with the top of the windshield. As a result, I slouch a bit while driving which isnt good for the back. I would gladly pay a decent amount for a new bracket that allows the seat to drop another 2".

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
This...I'm in the same boat at 6'3" tall with longer torso. When I sit up decently straight, the back of my head touches the roll bar and my line of vision is level with the top of the windshield. As a result, I slouch a bit while driving which isnt good for the back. I would gladly pay a decent amount for a new bracket that allows the seat to drop another 2".
Does anyone know who designs seat brackets for the JK or even who designed the JL’s? I doubt Jeep designed the brackets and if there is a company we could reach out to and work with for a solution that might be our best option. I would pay a bit of money to have this done.
Sponsored