First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Tall and Big guys desperately need a JL seat bracket(s). Big guys are too close to the steering wheel. Tall guys are hitting to their head on the sports bar, while others need the extra leg room.
I have seen a few home-made brackets posted in our forum. So I know it can be accomplished.
The next JL is very advanced in many ways. However, FCA moved backwards a few critical inches for the big and the tall. I have searched on a lot of the traditional Jeep aftermarket websites and haven't seen anything.
Has any built one? And if not, who will manufacturer and distribute the first JL seat bracket?
Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Tall and Big guys desperately need a JL seat bracket(s). Big guys are too close to the steering wheel. Tall guys are hitting to their head on the sports bar, while others need the extra leg room.
I have seen a few home-made brackets posted in our forum. So I know it can be accomplished.
The next JL is very advanced in many ways. However, FCA moved backwards a few critical inches for the big and the tall. I have searched on a lot of the traditional Jeep aftermarket websites and haven't seen anything.
Has any built one? And if not, who will manufacturer and distribute the first JL seat bracket?
I have no need for it and am too lazy, but if anyone can provide dimensions and requirements I can make it.
I'm a mechanical design engineer is sheet metal manufacturing so i have the means, but lack the time for R&D.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
How tall are you? I'm 6'3" and my head is no where near the bar.

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't mind seeing what people come up with, I'm 6' 2" and could see hitting my head in a hard crash I guess. Otherwise its not a problem for daily driving.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I'll make you one. I need an excuse to make something for myself. I'm a small guy and I wish the front of the seat would lift up a bit. So I have planned to make something.

Could figure something out for you since you're local. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll make you one. I need an excuse to make something for myself. I'm a small guy and I wish the front of the seat would lift up a bit. So I have planned to make something.

Could figure something out for you since you're local. :)
Great!
Hopefully something that would fit us both. I am 6'7" and my wife is 5'4"ish.

I am waiting on my order. I am still in D status. I will PM my contact details.

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I am 6' 4" and the only height issue I have is the placement of the rear view mirror... it's got that long stem that it hangs down and produces a blind spot for me. Being able to lower the seat further might be desirable (or a higher mount for the rear view mirror)

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Great!
Hopefully something that would fit us both. I am 6'7" and my wife is 5'4"ish.

I am waiting on my order. I am still in D status. I will PM my contact details.
Got your info.

What did you order? My Rubicon has a seat height adjuster in it.

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got your info.

What did you order? My Rubicon has a seat height adjuster in it.
Rubicons just like yours. However, I need more head room. My JK Rubicon has about two more inches of clearance that the Rubicon I test drove. It is a real safety issue in an accident. I would love to be able to gain a little more legroom as well.

However, since my wife is 5'4" she needs every in the other direction.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm confused. Isn't distancing yourself from the steering wheel for the long legged, while absolutely noble, still something that fails to account for torso length issues and hitting your head?

That said, how do you feel this should be solved? For example, suppose, just saying, I could surround the edges of each Freedom Top segment with water tight accordion like segments so the Freedom Panels could in some small way emulate the top port of a tank and rise and come down on a crank.

Is that a solution?

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I am 6' 4" and the only height issue I have is the placement of the rear view mirror... it's got that long stem that it hangs down and produces a blind spot for me. Being able to lower the seat further might be desirable (or a higher mount for the rear view mirror)
You can try flipping the mirror upside down... I think I might try it too. Only 6', but I agree there's a blind spot. Here's a thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-can-i-flip-the-rearview-mirror.9087/

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm confused. Isn't distancing yourself from the steering wheel for the long legged, while absolutely noble, still something that fails to account for torso length issues and hitting your head?

That said, how do you feel this should be solved? For example, suppose, just saying, I could surround the edges of each Freedom Top segment with water tight accordion like segments so the Freedom Panels could in some small way emulate the top port of a tank and rise and come down on a crank.

Is that a solution?
The seat has to lower an additional two inches below it's current low setting. That would allow my head to clear the sports bar and assist in a better view below the rear view mirror. In my JK I usually repurpose the info screen as a digital speedometer because the analog speedometer is hard to see.
The new JL has cramped knee room compared to the the JK. Being able to slide the seat back two additional inches would be appreciated. I am a skinny tall guy.
A lot of heavy tall guys need more room between the steering wheel and the seat. They say there is much less room from seat back to steering wheel.

transientgolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
6'3" and definitely would like one notch lower and one notch farther back. I sure hope there is an aftermarket solution here. I dropped off my Recon and realized how much more comfortable the seating position is in that (but love everything else on the JL)....

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
This is something that FCA needs to address in the 2019 model year. But with record sales they probably won't. You shouldn't have to hack and cut up a $40-55,000 vehicle to sit comfortably.