First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
The police arrived just in time to avoid a homicide. Cop jumps out of his car walks up to my Jeep and says, "Nice JL, are you on your way back from Jeep Beach in Panama City? I just got back last night." Haha. Anyway he writes up the report and i leave the scene. I was surprised the junk truck had insurance but he did, so we'll see how that turns out. I will probably need to have most of the front of my jeep repainted, a new windshield wiper arm and a new windshield. yay.
Oh no! Sorry to hear this. Hopefully the folks at his insurance company will be a few points higher on the mental scale and take care of things quickly.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I want your job!

Hey, here's a tip you might enjoy. If you are using Android Auto, get the app Scanner Radio and go for the Pro version. It works just like Google Play Music in Android Auto. You can in some areas listen to the Skywarn Repeater Network or something similar, depending where you are. When in a tornado warning area, they'll spot tornadoes and tell you exactly where they are and every detail about them. They'll spot funnel clouds and other pre-tornadic activity, too, and all this happens minutes....sometimes up to 10 minutes, before the news media reports it. I'm not sure if it works with Apple Car Play, but it might. You can also listen to local police/fire/rescue or just about anywhere in the world.

This is great documentation of your journey! Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Thank everyone for the kind words and motivation along the way. My next trip is SC and then VA, but not for a few weeks.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I want your job!

Hey, here's a tip you might enjoy. If you are using Android Auto, get the app Scanner Radio and go for the Pro version. It works just like Google Play Music in Android Auto. You can in some areas listen to the Skywarn Repeater Network or something similar, depending where you are. When in a tornado warning area, they'll spot tornadoes and tell you exactly where they are and every detail about them. They'll spot funnel clouds and other pre-tornadic activity, too, and all this happens minutes....sometimes up to 10 minutes, before the news media reports it. I'm not sure if it works with Apple Car Play, but it might. You can also listen to local police/fire/rescue or just about anywhere in the world.

This is great documentation of your journey! Keep up the great work!
The scanner app is on Apple also, so it should work through CarPlay. And yes, in a lot of places you can listen to fire/rescue traffic, but a lot of Police departments are going to all scrambled transmission, even as a firefighter, I do not have access to Police transmission, which can be a pain if you’re waiting for an Officer.
Sponsored