First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
On a mobile device, just hold down 0 to get ° symbol FYI. Anybody have experience with rough country adjustable LCA’s? With our 2.5” budget boost on the jlur, I’m not sure the fixed length mopars will be long enough. I also don’t see spending $350-450 for most other adjustable arms on the market. I know rough country doesn’t have the greatest QC, but the arms are pretty simple. Can we get away with straight LCA’s or will rubbing be too much of an issue? I have some old long arms in the garage that I could cut down if straight arms work?
You are likely going to need a 3/8" length boost - I did with a 2" lift. I bought the Teraflex LCAs, but I suspect that it would be hard to make a poor choice as long as you stick with well-known vendors.

I got my LCAs for under $300 using the 10% Northridge forum discount ("sharktank")
Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
For those of you who don't no how to make a "degrees" symbol with your keyboard: With Num Lock on and while holding down Alt, type 0176 - voila.
Thanks. I’ll forget though. lol

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
On a mobile device, just hold down 0 to get ° symbol FYI. Anybody have experience with rough country adjustable LCA’s? With our 2.5” budget boost on the jlur, I’m not sure the fixed length mopars will be long enough. I also don’t see spending $350-450 for most other adjustable arms on the market. I know rough country doesn’t have the greatest QC, but the arms are pretty simple. Can we get away with straight LCA’s or will rubbing be too much of an issue? I have some old long arms in the garage that I could cut down if straight arms work?
Hmm, I think I can remember that one.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT

Submit_671

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU
First post here, I just got a 2021 JLUR that i obtained on Xmas Eve, has a bit of wandering/not returning to center, build date 11/15/2020 and i verified it has the 60250242AB lcas and was wanting to order the mopar lca 68322798AA from all the feedback from here. I just had an alignment reading(Attached) today and got 5°Left and 5.2° Right degrees of caster to get a baseline. Do you guys think with the new mopar lca, it might push past 7° or will it be in the perfect 6.2-6.5° range? Ive read that it adds roughly 1.5 to 2° Of caster and just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

DFF784F2-FBC8-421D-9A0C-FD205C9238E1.jpeg

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
First post here, I just got a 2021 JLUR that i obtained on Xmas Eve, has a bit of wandering/not returning to center, build date 11/15/2020 and i verified it has the 60250242AB lcas and was wanting to order the mopar lca 68322798AA from all the feedback from here. I just had an alignment reading(Attached) today and got 5°Left and 5.2° Right degrees of caster to get a baseline. Do you guys think with the new mopar lca, it might push past 7° or will it be in the perfect 6.2-6.5° range? Ive read that it adds roughly 1.5 to 2° Of caster and just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

DFF784F2-FBC8-421D-9A0C-FD205C9238E1.jpeg
I’ve not measured mine. Mostly due to the research I did at the time, owners showed alignment with 1° gain.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Big driving improvement after LCA swap DFF784F2-FBC8-421D-9A0C-FD205C9238E1
The Mopar 24.25" LCAs will get you just north of 6°, which is where you want to be. If you lift the Jeep, you'll need a little more length.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Did they change the LCAs now in 21? Is there a date when they did?

Submit_671

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Did they change the LCAs now in 21? Is there a date when they did?
I have a 21 JLUR and it came with the 60250242AB lcas,which is the same as all other JLs, crawled under and verified. Ordered up the mopar lift lca to try and help the wandering, i will update as soon i install it and get another reading for caster verification.

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
the Mopar lift LCA being the 68322798AA, correct? thanks!

I have a 21 JLUR and it came with the 60250242AB lcas,which is the same as all other JLs, crawled under and verified. Ordered up the mopar lift lca to try and help the wandering, i will update as soon i install it and get another reading for caster verification.

Sponsored

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
I have a leveling kit on my rubicon and 35s. Teraflex 2.2 stabilizer on soft. If I turn the wheel left or right just a tad, it will not come back to center. Started for the most part after leveling kit. Im putting on Teraflex Alpine Adjustable LCAs and yeti track bar next week. Checking toe and getting that caster around 6.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I have a leveling kit on my rubicon and 35s. Teraflex 2.2 stabilizer on soft. If I turn the wheel left or right just a tad, it will not come back to center. Started for the most part after leveling kit. Im putting on Teraflex Alpine Adjustable LCAs and yeti track bar next week. Checking toe and getting that caster around 6.
Did the leveling kit raise the rear? If so, that would actually make sense, as the caster is relative to the ground... raising the rear would lower the caster slightly.

Of course raising the front lowers the caster too, due to the geometry of the suspension links.

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
Did the leveling kit raise the rear? If so, that would actually make sense, as the caster is relative to the ground... raising the rear would lower the caster slightly.
Of course raising the front lowers the caster too,
due to the geometry of the suspension links.
Yep, raised the front 2.0 and rear 1.5. I'm pretty sure I'm toed out as well which is making it worse. I'll find out next week.

ETA : I have a 90 yota with 33s, lift ect ect. Fought that thing for months trying to get it to drive right. All kinds of re-balanceing, several alignment shops. I finally took it to a old dude who worked at a spring shop for trailers and tractors. He lined it all up with string and marks on the wall to what he thought it should be. That was 20 years ago, ain't touched it since. Wish that old dude was still around.

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Same exact setup: 35s, TeraFlex 2.0"/1.5" leveling kit, TeraFlex 2.1 stabilizer (basically "medium" on yours), TeraFlex adjustable LCAs. After the leveling kit was installed, my steering wheel was slow to center after left hand turns. The vehicle was tracking straight but the steering wheel was at the 11:00 position for a few hundred yards before getting back to noon. I added the 2.1 steering stabilizer and it was instantly fixed.

Have you tried driving with your stabilizer in the 2nd position?
Sponsored