Big driving improvement after LCA swap

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
It's possible they've put the longer LCAs on from the factory in 2021, might wait and verify your LCA part#, and if they are the old LCAs then I would highly recommend swapping to the new ones.
Please pardon my ignorance, What is the best way for me to verify which LCA”s my 21 Rubi has? Thinking about ordering Mopar#68322798AA if I do not already have them from factory. For hopefully a better driving experience. Thx in advance!

Last edited:

wandrur

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Please pardon my ignorance, What is the best way for me to verify which LCA”s my 21 Rubi has? Thinking about ordering Mopar#68322798AA if I do not already have them from factory. For hopefully a better driving experience. Thx in advance!
Crawl under and look. The part number is on the inner-facing side of the LCA.

Thetickz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I just completed this install and there's definitely a driving improvement. I have a JLU Sport S with Rubicon take off suspension (springs and shocks).

I bought a $100 Ryobi 1/2 impact wrench to remove the LCA bolts. Then also picked up a $50 Husky torque wrench that went up to 250 ft lbs @ Home Depot. Ended up putting the front axel on jack stands and removing the tires to retorque the bolts. 190 ft pounds is no joke without the proper space under the Jeep.

Went for a short driving on the freeway at 75 mph after the install and the jeep definitely stays straighter now. I had a right pull before the install and now the pull is less pronounced. Will probably go for an alignment later to see what my caster is at and hopefully get rid of the pull completely.

Overall definitely recommend everyone try this out. Helped a lot.

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement