Sponsored

Big Bear trails for beginners

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Hi,

Was thinking about heading up to big Bear over the three day weekend, looking for some entry level trails for me to explore and stretch the jeep out.

Thanks
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I will be lake arrow head that weekend. looking for other drivers to do Holcomb creek, dishpan springs. if that fails I would be up for the mid rated like easy devils hole trail.

Last edited:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I will be lake arrow head that weekend. looking for other drivers to do Holcomb creek, dishpan springs. if that fails I would be up for the mid rated but I easy devils hole trail.
There is a fun trail between Holcomb Valley and Lake Arrowhead... not sure of the trail number but could look it up easy enough if interested. It's a pretty easy trail (had some ruts earlier this spring from all the rain) but nothing that a stock Jeep couldn't manage.

IMG_1521.png
IMG_1625.png

Sponsored

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
Might be up there as well.

BDJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There is a fun trail between Holcomb Valley and Lake Arrowhead... not sure of the trail number but could look it up easy enough if interested. It's a pretty easy trail (had some ruts earlier this spring from all the rain) but nothing that a stock Jeep couldn't manage.
The only thing I know of connecting holcomb valley to arrowhead is Dishpan. Not sure I would classify that as "easy", is there another trail? The main holcomb valley trail goes into green valley lake, but to hop over to arrowhead from there requires going thru dishpan. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I know of connecting holcomb valley to arrowhead is Dishpan. Not sure I would classify that as "easy", is there another trail? The main holcomb valley trail goes into green valley lake, but to hop over to arrowhead from there requires going thru dishpan. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you're right. IIRC I ended up hopping down to the main road before we hit Arrowhead. Forgot about that part.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I can confirm it is no longer easy at least going down..

BDJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I can confirm it is no longer easy at least going down..
For me, that main obstacle towards the middle of the trail was the hardest thing on the mountain not counting motino wash. But I've only done it going up. Going down would be easier I guess, still a rollover risk though.

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
For me, that main obstacle towards the middle of the trail was the hardest thing on the mountain not counting motino wash. But I've only done it going up. Going down would be easier I guess, still a rollover risk though.

The pucker factor was highest going down on the obstacle just before deep creek. With a good spotter the waterfall was fine with proper line.

Reactions: BDJ

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

im trying to get up to big bear for the three day weekend myself! when i get home ill grab my book and post a couple easy/ moderate trails for you

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Easy trails as followed
Willow creek road
Skyline drive

Moderate trails
Clarks summit
Jacoby canyon
Grapevine canyon

Im sure there are more but this is all thr book i have listed. And i didnt add any of the difficults.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Easy trails as followed
Willow creek road
Skyline drive

Moderate trails
Clarks summit
Jacoby canyon
Grapevine canyon

Im sure there are more but this is all thr book i have listed. And i didnt add any of the difficults.

Jacoby was closed last year.

the trail to devils hole was easy and not in the book.

I think gold mountain could be done backwards. If not worried about slider under carriage scratched/rubbing. Backwards meaning start from near Jacoby canyon, not the road. There are places to turn around near the ledges. If someone decides to turn around.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Jacoby was closed last year.

the trail to devils hole was easy and not in the book.

I think gold mountain could be done backwards. If not worried about slider under carriage scratched/rubbing. Backwards meaning start from near Jacoby canyon, not the road. There are places to turn around near the ledges. If someone decides to turn around.
Thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored