BFGoodrich KM3 37x12.50R17 in both C and D Rated

cdavison82

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Granite Mettalic
Did you confirm they were the C rated tires? That Q code of Q116 does not even show up on the BFG website anymore. The D rated ones are 124Q MSPN 39458 in case you want to double check to see what they are sending you.
I found the FCA# just on a tire search on my local Jeep dealers website. I got the email from Mopar offering buy 3 tires get one for $1 so I went to see what they had available. These 'C' rated tires came up but when I called the dealer they said they did not have any in stock and didnt have a source for them. I took the FCA number and went to search elsewhere. Theres also a BFG manufacturer part number of 79293.

Jeep Wrangler JL BFGoodrich KM3 37x12.50R17 in both C and D Rated 1617648791101
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

At first I was thinking maybe they were a dealer only option, but I am beginning to think they are unicorn tires as the manufacture number in your post does not show up in the search on the BFG site either. Hopefully you found the unicorn!

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
At first I was thinking maybe they were a dealer only option, but I am beginning to think they are unicorn tires as the manufacture number in your post does not show up in the search on the BFG site either. Hopefully you found the unicorn!
Pretty outrageous price, however the load D are real, and load E are @ 13.5 wide. No such thing as load C in the 37.

Jeep Wrangler JL BFGoodrich KM3 37x12.50R17 in both C and D Rated 1617651625956

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Pretty outrageous price, however the load D are real, and load E are @ 13.5 wide. No such thing as load C in the 37.

Jeep Wrangler JL BFGoodrich KM3 37x12.50R17 in both C and D Rated 1617651625956
Not questioning the D rated as I have them sitting in my garage. It is the C rated ones that there has been back and forth on. 13.5 would be nice, but they would take even more weight to flatten out...

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Not questioning the D rated as I have them sitting in my garage. It is the C rated ones that there has been back and forth on. 13.5 would be nice, but they would take even more weight to flatten out...
39’s are the only ones I see available in load C 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

cdavison82

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Granite Mettalic
Yep, order was canceled today by the vendor. They say they do not have them and have no source as well. My guess is at one point they were planned and Mopar created a number for them and then they were never released and still remain in everyones systems. They sure would be the perfect tire! I am coming from the 'C ' rated 315/70/17 BFG KO2's and just can't seem to decide on a 37" tire. Narrowed down to Nitto Ridge Grappler, BFG KM3 and Cooper STT Pro. I know the Nitto's will probably be best for daily driving but not sure they are any better than my KO2's were on the trail. Just really dont want a loud/rough 'D' rated mud tire for my daily.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Yep, order was canceled today by the vendor. They say they do not have them and have no source as well. My guess is at one point they were planned and Mopar created a number for them and then they were never released and still remain in everyones systems. They sure would be the perfect tire! I am coming from the 'C ' rated 315/70/17 BFG KO2's and just can't seem to decide on a 37" tire. Narrowed down to Nitto Ridge Grappler, BFG KM3 and Cooper STT Pro. I know the Nitto's will probably be best for daily driving but not sure they are any better than my KO2's were on the trail. Just really dont want a loud/rough 'D' rated mud tire for my daily.

Bummer, but for what it's worth D isn't too bad. My Patagonia MTs are D rated and they're not that much different than my C KO2s I came from. They flex really nice when aired down too.

I think after wheeling with tons of rigs, the KM3 seems to do the best on the rocks, and the STT Pros seem to be the loudest on-road. I like my Pats for the moment as they're pretty tame on-road and are lightyears ahead of my KO2s for trail performance, but I'll probably go KM3s next.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Bummer, but for what it's worth D isn't too bad. My Patagonia MTs are D rated and they're not that much different than my C KO2s I came from. They flex really nice when aired down too.

I think after wheeling with tons of rigs, the KM3 seems to do the best on the rocks, and the STT Pros seem to be the loudest on-road. I like my Pats for the moment as they're pretty tame on-road and are lightyears ahead of my KO2s for trail performance, but I'll probably go KM3s next.
Jesse, spot on to my experience as well. The rocks are driving me to the KM3's. I have the Goodyear MTR's and am ready to try something else. Time will tell how they do in the snow/ice here in Denver. That is the only place where I have heard mixed reviews. Two of my daughters run XJ's with KO2's on them and I love them for daily drivers. One of them had the STT Pros and they were super loud.
Sponsored