BFG Trail Terrains vs. BFG KO2

acoz8

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
My KO2's are at the end of their life and I was planning on replacing them with another set of KO2's until I saw the trail terrains. I'm thinking since i haven't been doing a ton of off roading recently that the trail terrain may be better for me (better/quiter ride on road and better mpg) with a slight penalty in the off road game. I'm not a rock crawler but also not a mall crawler lol. What are your thoughts on these tires, anyone have a set?
Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I run the older BFG LT tires on my Explorer and they look very similar to these. I like how the traction is on dirt roads and light sandy conditions. They are not as quiet as a passenger car tire but not really noisy either. Seem to be wearing pretty well as long as they are rotated every 5k to 7k miles. I never have had any problems with them. 🍻

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
That tire looks a little more aggressive then the Michelin Defender. The Defender was my go to tire for my old F-150 that seen lots of highway driving and somewhat regular power line right aways. Super quiet, very long lasting and pretty decent off-road. The last set of tires I bought for that truck, mostLy because of deal was Nittor Terra Grappler G2. I like that tire better off-road, didn’t have the on matters of the Defender.

Just some food for thought. I never run the Trail Terrain, but do run the Ko2 on my Jeep. But for a mostly highway vehicle with occasional light off-road use, I would still recommend the Defender. Long lasting, quite and good fuel economy.
Sponsored