Sponsored

BFG KO2 tires on JL Rubicon have C or D load rating?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Another thing to point out, most of the released Rubicon pics show BFG KO2s instead of the BFG KMs that are standard on the JK Rubicon.

Does this mean there will be an option for All-Terrains vs Mud-Terrains? I hope so.

The fact that BFG went to the trouble to make a Load Range C KO2 for these mules seems to indicate that this is the case. As I mentioned, this tire size is currently only available in Load Range E from BFG in the aftermarket.
I think the primary target for the KO2s will still be the Sahara in a smaller size, but making them in a larger size as an option for Rubi is great, and would be my choice over KM2s.

This wouldn’t be the first time the Wrangler has gotten specifcally ‘one-off’ options from tyre manufacturers.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
My KO2s are E Rated. Its interesting to see the C rated ones as a factory tire. I bet they reduce weight more then anything which helps hit the fuel economy numbers. However the E rating is great for offroading and airing down.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My KO2s are E Rated. Its interesting to see the C rated ones as a factory tire. I bet they reduce weight more then anything which helps hit the fuel economy numbers. However the E rating is great for offroading and airing down.
Mine too. They ride a little harsh, but man are they tough.

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
Hope this helps! Looks like C Rating

C3BB9325-A0E1-4389-B5A1-AA6554659B92.jpeg
This is great. I was really hopping that Jeep would once again do a custom load range C tire from BFG. Personally I was hoping for a tall skinny tire. Maybe something new like a 275/75R17. But this is ok too. My excitement is because this tire will make a great tire for a lifted TJ. Now I just need some 17" rims.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Most of us assume that 35's will fit the Rubicon without a lift. What about the rims? Do we know anything about the backspacing on the optional Rubi rims pictured? Would 35's (I'm assuming 305's, or 35x12's) fit those rims and would they rub? If I go to 35's, even with a 2" lift, I'd like to keep the stock wheels.

Sponsored

FreedomRider

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
As stiff as the E rated tires are, do you get enough flex in the sidewalls when airing down? I would prefer to run Es, just don't know if a JLU Rubi loaded is heavy enough.

catabler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
E’s are 10 ply, C’s are 6 ply, also.
Sponsored