Sponsored

BFG KO2 tires on JL Rubicon have C or D load rating?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I've tried to zoom in on the pics but can't read the tire markings.

Can our mole inside FCA get a closeup of the tire markings?

I want to know if BFG created these KO2s for the Rubicon in C or D load rating.
Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I've tried to zoom in on the pics but can't read the tire markings.

Can our mole inside FCA get a closeup of the tire markings?

I want to know if BFG created these KO2s for the Rubicon in C or D load rating.

Hope this helps! Looks like C Rating

C3BB9325-A0E1-4389-B5A1-AA6554659B92.jpeg

Does anyone know if this is the same pattern as the JK. Would be cool to pick out my aftermarket rims and tire combo now.

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Does anyone know if this is the same pattern as the JK. Would be cool to pick out my aftermarket rims and tire combo now.
Wow, ask and you shall receive. Awesome. :like:

Says Load Range C. So these are custom made for Jeep as this size in only available currently in Load Range E from BFGoodrich.

The new tire isn't up on their website yet, but hopefully it will become available in aftermarket as well.

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

What the heck is that thing on the hub?

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Wow, ask and you shall receive. Awesome. :like:

Says Load Range C. So these are custom made for Jeep as this size in only available currently in Load Range E from BFGoodrich.

The new tire isn't up on their website yet, but hopefully it will become available in aftermarket as well.
So what exactly does Load Range C, D, E mean?

Does this also mean JK rims and tires won't fit the JL?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So what exactly does Load Range C, D, E mean?

Does this also mean JK rims and tires won't fit the JL?
Load Range E tires are built stronger than D or C. This means they can hold higher pressures and thus carry heavier loads. They are fine for heavier pickup trucks, but will give harsher ride on lighter vehicles like the Jeep. So the fact that BFG is going to be making the KO2s in the Rubicon stock tire size at load range C is a good thing.

Whether JK rims and tires will fit on the JL will depend on the bolt pattern and backspacing...which I think might be the same, not sure though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Another thing to point out, most of the released Rubicon pics show BFG KO2s instead of the BFG KMs that are standard on the JK Rubicon.

Does this mean there will be an option for All-Terrains vs Mud-Terrains? I hope so.

The fact that BFG went to the trouble to make a Load Range C KO2 for these mules seems to indicate that this is the case. As I mentioned, this tire size is currently only available in Load Range E from BFG in the aftermarket.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Load Range E tires are built stronger than D or C. This means they can hold higher pressures and thus carry heavier loads. They are fine for heavier pickup trucks, but will give harsher ride on lighter vehicles like the Jeep. So the fact that BFG is going to be making the KO2s in the Rubicon stock tire size at load range C is a good thing.

Whether JK rims and tires will fit on the JL will depend on the bolt pattern and backspacing...which I think might be the same, not sure though.
At least on the Rubicon JL models, the wheels and tires will most likely not fit the same because of the wide axles on the JL.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
At least on the Rubicon JL models, the wheels and tires will most likely not fit the same because of the wide axles on the JL.
I respectfully disagree. I think the longer axles accommodate wheels with the same backspacing, and the wider fender flares give coverage. Hopefully the center line of the wheel stays over the center line of the front hub, and rear axle flange. (Keeping them both strong)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Bolt pattern is the same on JK and JL.

C rating should be adequate for the JL’s payload and tow rating, but that’s not all.

The other advantage of LT and higher rated tyres is the extra layers of steel, kevlar, rubber vs standard passenger models, and should help tyre strength when under-inflated for off-road and snow traction. The drawback is that they are heavier due to the extra material.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I respectfully disagree. I think the longer axles accommodate wheels with the same backspacing, and the wider fender flares give coverage. Hopefully the center line of the wheel stays over the center line of the front hub, and rear axle flange. (Keeping them both strong)
You could be right, especially if spacers are removed.
Sponsored