Advertisement

BFG KO2 and "DT Different Tread"

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...KO2RWLDT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Anybody know what "DT Different tread" means? It also says "No 3PMSF," which I know is a snow rating but what's the difference between this and the standard KO2? Photos look identical.

Advertisement

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2.0L

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=77R8KO2RWLDT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Anybody know what "DT Different tread" means? It also says "No 3PMSF," which I know is a snow rating but what's the difference between this and the standard KO2? Photos look identical.
Slightly OT, but I think you'd regret the E load rating. It is overkill for a Jeep and it is very rough riding. Load range E is meant for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Jeeps are far lighter duty than even a 1/2 ton truck.

I'd recommend C or even D, if you can't find C in a particular tire. I've got the C version of both the 315 (JL) and 285 (JK) and they ride MUCH better. The sidewalls have held up to extensive off-roading, including Moab and Colorado, with no issues. The've held up as well as the E rated KM2's they replaced on the JK, but drive and ride MUCH better.

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Slightly OT, but I think you'd regret the E load rating. It is overkill for a Jeep and it is very rough riding. Load range E is meant for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Jeeps are far lighter duty than even a 1/2 ton truck.

I'd recommend C or even D, if you can't find C in a particular tire. I've got the C version of both the 315 (JL) and 285 (JK) and they ride MUCH better. The sidewalls have held up to extensive off-roading, including Moab and Colorado, with no issues. The've held up as well as the E rated KM2's they replaced on the JK, but drive and ride MUCH better.
How many miles do you have on those 315's now? Mine are getting fairly growly after 35k miles.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles do you have on those 315's now? Mine are getting fairly growly after 35k miles.
I'm just short of you, at about 33k. The noise is picking up, but the treadwear is looking like typical BFG. Looks like they'll go the distance.

Advertisement

Advertisement