Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

ive been searching online but cant find any direction comparisons between these two. hoping some of y'all may have experience with both. i currently have 315/70/17 Patagonias. been working great both off road and on road.

have an opportunity to straight up swap for some KM3s in the same size.

i do moderate to slightly aggressive off road. it is also daily driven. no worries with rain or snow. try to avoid mud lol.

do all BFGs run smalller? i read on another forum where a guy (tacoma?) said his group ran the KM3s and had traction issues on rocks so they ditched them.
Jeep Wrangler JL BFG KM3 vs Milestar Patagonia MT 34A72BC6-2463-4357-BA54-20A2C6A692F0
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If it's a straight up swap and both tires have similar wear I'd jump on that trade. I have Patagonias and I've been happy with them, but they are not in the same league as KM3s.

You'll get better performance off the road, might sacrifice a bit of tread noise but the KM3 is a dedicated mud tread. The Patagonias are a hybrid, so they'll work OK in the mud but not great like the KM3s. If you're wanting them for rock duty then it's probably a bit closer call but the BFGs are a higher quality tire overall so they'd still get the nod IMO.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I'm trying to decide between these same two tires right now, so tagging this topic. Assuming OP is looking for mostly rock traction and as our trails in this region are fairly dry but are heavy on the rock crawling. I would be very curious to which tire is quieter on road. Heard many say the KM3s are quiet too.

From my research so far, the pats seem softer and have great rock traction, and the KM3s do tend to run a tiny bit smaller than the competition size for size but the difference doesn't seem significant.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
IĀ“d be curious as to why those guys had trouble in the rocks with KM3Ā“s. ThatĀ“s the compete opposite of what IĀ“ve heard about them in the rocks. I canĀ“t help but wonder if they failed to air them down? Strange.

IĀ“ve heard great things about the Patagonias, too, but IĀ“d make the swap. I had KM2ś on my JK and they were outstanding, including on rocks. The KM3 should be better in every way than the KM2, so easy choice. IĀ“ve heard great things about the Patagonias, too, so YMMV.

Full disclosure: IĀ“ve never actually driven either tire.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has KM3's on her Rubicon and loves them. So far they have done great on everything she has dished out to them including plenty of rock stuff.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I put the KM3s on last night and drove the jeep today. It is a bit stiffer and i can hear then while driving but not bad. They are heavier and you can feel it.

stiffer, louder, heavier lol. The Pats are baaarely taller.

I wont have the chance to offroad them any time soon. They certainly look the part. Waiting for friend to decide if they want to do the swap.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I put the KM3s on last night and drove the jeep today. It is a bit stiffer and i can hear then while driving but not bad. They are heavier and you can feel it.
What psi are you running them at? Iā€™ve found my sweet spot at 28-29 psi max and it made the ride a lot more comfortable (softer).

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

What psi are you running them at? Iā€™ve found my sweet spot at 28-29 psi max and it made the ride a lot more comfortable (softer).
30psi. cant imagine at a higher psi (shudders/lol)
Sponsored