Sponsored

BFG K02 vs Goodyear Wrangler duratracs vs Toyo Open Country AT3 vs Nitto ridge grapplers ?

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
So I’m looking at 315/70r17 tires and want to know anyone’s thoughts on the BFG K02 vs Goodyear Wrangler duratracs vs Toyo Open Country AT3 vs Nitto ridge grapplers

this is solely based on street driving including winter driving in Canada, what is the best in terms of quality, road noise and comfort, price isn’t really a concern of mine just looking for the best tire out there

also feel free to throw in any other recommendations
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’ve only had experience with the Duratracs. Have them on my Yukon and work great in the snow in northern MN. They have quite the hum on the road though.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Two buddies have Duratracs, and both say they’re great when new but get progressively louder and suckier in the rain as they age.

Reactions: mxz

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I can’t speak to the other two, but I absolutely loved my KO2’s for street and moderate trail driving. They’re the quietest tire I’ve ever had on a lifted vehicle and they still do pretty decent on the trails (unless it’s mud of course). I used to live up north and I was very impressed with the KO2’s in the snow. They’re not as good as a dedicated snow tire, but with a Jeep and 4wd I don’t think you’ll ever have to worry about getting stuck. I went through 12”+ unplowed snow with no problems in my old TJ on 35” KO2’s.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
price isn’t really a concern of mine just looking for the best tire out there

also feel free to throw in any other recommendations
I'd look at the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT, newest AT tire on the market w/ the most aggressive sidewalls and 50k treadwear warranty, and hard to beat a Mickey Thompson off the road, and they are 3 peak snow rated (AFAIK the Nittos are not).

Sponsored

OP
OP

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I'd look at the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT, newest AT tire on the market w/ the most aggressive sidewalls and 50k treadwear warranty, and hard to beat a Mickey Thompson off the road, and they are 3 peak snow rated (AFAIK the Nittos are not).
Do you know what they are like noise wise?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Do you know what they are like noise wise?
There's some reviews in this tire section, might have to scroll a bit, AFAIK they are very good regarding noise, and also have the deepest tread depth of all those AT tires @ 18.5mm, most of the others are 15-16

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
given that Nitto Ridge Grappler's in 37" are on B/O i'm going with BFG KO2's 37' on my Mopar Simulated Bead-lock wheels..

Reactions: J0E

Pricey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I ran the stock 33" KO2's last winter living in Whistler, BC. I found on the snow they were completely fine, not as good as a dedicated snow tire but good enough with the Jeep's 4x4. I don't love the KO2's on icy days, there was a few times that I slid in places I wouldn't have expected it, maybe something to consider. I was tempted to try the 35" Duratracs when these are done so I'd be interested in what conclusion you come to!

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I've run three out of the four and would buy either KO2 or RG pending which I can get a better deal on. Note, KO2 will be a lighter than RG. Both are awesome. KO2 will be quieter. RG has noise but very little, nothing like a MT.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The RGs on my truck are awesome here, but I’m not sure about snow. Super quiet. Definitely would have ordered them for the Jeep if the wife wasn’t set on OWL.

I’ve had several good experiences with BFG as well. My old ATs (pre KO2) wore like rocks and lasted forever. Early MTs not so much.

Dalton07

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Daewoo Tocsa
Among the popular car tires, Toyo Open Country AT3 vs Nitto Ridge Grappler has caught my attention. Comparing Nitto Ridge Grappler vs Toyo AT3 on muddy trips, the AT3 made it the better way to cut through the mud with its sharp, intelligently-designed tire edges. Likewise, its spoon-like functions with its tottered shoulder blocks scoop out the mud more competently. Its sturdier shoulder clods enable a faster and smoother way to get out of the mud.
Sponsored

Last edited: