BF Goodrich KO2 Load Ratings

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
I'm planning on putting KO2 Tires LT 285/70/17 on my JLSU and was wondering if there would be a noticeable difference in C and E load rated tires. I understand that the C rated is supposed to provide a softer ride but just wondering if I would notice the difference. I mostly drive on gravel or paved roads. Could use some advice here.
Sponsored

tluke

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, Mercedes ML550, Corvette, Polaris Slingshot & Honda CRF250L
I'm planning on putting KO2 Tires LT 285/70/17 on my JLSU and was wondering if there would be a noticeable difference in C and E load rated tires. I understand that the C rated is supposed to provide a softer ride but just wondering if I would notice the difference. I mostly drive on gravel or paved roads. Could use some advice here.
The E rated tires have a much stiffer sidewall and the ride is more harsh. I upgraded my tires to 315 / 70 R17 and got the C rated to maintain the softer ride. It's my daily driver. I have had E rated tires on other Wranglers and they are fine but just be prepared for a stiffer ride and more harsh on road imperfections. There are many posts here on this issue.