Beware the frozen key fob!

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No kidding! I just started reading “The Comfort Crisis” by Michael Easter; very interesting read so far. The author articulates a lot of things that I’ve been thinking for decades.

Me and my buddies have always said “you gotta live hard to be hard,” usually when doing something incredibly uncomfortable. Like this morning going out at 4 a.m. and running in 16 degree weather when we could have ran on treadmills.

It was always that way with my old jeeps as well; some of my best jeep-related memories involve freezing my ass off or getting soaked in a downpour or dealing with the complete lack of creature comforts in my ‘94 YJ or even my ‘06 TJ.

Having said all that, I appreciate my JLR’s ability to do it all. It’s a comfortable-enough commuter while being able to be stripped down to an open state. I can wheel it in 2WD mode with open diffs or lock them and make short work of obstacles. We live in a golden age of jeeps.
Facts. Im about to head out for a boot camp workout and it's 16 degrees. I'm not sure if you've ever looked into an organization called F3 in your area. I won't spend a bunch of time on it here, buts a men's workout group with a multipurpose mission. The "First F" is fitness and it's always done outdoors and free of charge, irrespective of the weather and open to all men. It is the closest I have come to the camaraderie and esprit de corps I enjoyed in the Corps. If you're reading this, see if there are any workout AO's in your area. I've been doing it since 2017 and it's grown globally, starting in Charlotte NC. https://f3nation.com/
Sponsored

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I had the cold fob incident this morning. I forgot to lock it @ take the key inside last night. My 1st thought was that I was glad it wasn't stolen. There's been people lurking a handful of our neighborhoods lately & checking door handles & stealing vehicles and/or items inside them.

It was 32 this morning. When I got in, the dash said no fob detected.. I tried a few more times & got the same message. I went into the house & grabbed the spare. Same thing! Wouldn't even lock/unlock the doors! Time for new batteries.

This past week or so, I've also been getting a no fob detected message on the dash as I'm driving!! Anybody else get that one?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Facts. Im about to head out for a boot camp workout and it's 16 degrees. I'm not sure if you've ever looked into an organization called F3 in your area. I won't spend a bunch of time on it here, buts a men's workout group with a multipurpose mission. The "First F" is fitness and it's always done outdoors and free of charge, irrespective of the weather and open to all men. It is the closest I have come to the camaraderie and esprit de corps I enjoyed in the Corps. If you're reading this, see if there are any workout AO's in your area. I've been doing it since 2017 and it's grown globally, starting in Charlotte NC. https://f3nation.com/
Of all the things I miss about being in the mob for close to 30 years, shitty PT sessions outside are pretty low on the list of stuff I want to bring back into my life. Lol. I'll stick with a power rack and exercise bike to ensure I don't get a dickdo in my latter years.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Mm. We did PT earlier in the morning at Tech School than we did during basic training. Northern Texas in February is still quite cold, and occasionally rainy too.

Good times.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had the cold fob incident this morning. I forgot to lock it @ take the key inside last night. My 1st thought was that I was glad it wasn't stolen. There's been people lurking a handful of our neighborhoods lately & checking door handles & stealing vehicles and/or items inside them.

It was 32 this morning. When I got in, the dash said no fob detected.. I tried a few more times & got the same message. I went into the house & grabbed the spare. Same thing! Wouldn't even lock/unlock the doors! Time for new batteries.

This past week or so, I've also been getting a no fob detected message on the dash as I'm driving!! Anybody else get that one?
Those were some of the clues I got that were predictors of my fob dying and me not being able to start the Jeep.
Sponsored