Sponsored

Beware Shottenkirk CJDR Online Pricing (Prosper, TX)

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Just an FYI for anyone in the DFW area, Shottenkirk's advertised prices on both new & used vehicles is a sham. Went up there to look at a couple used cars for my daughter. They advertised both at a "no hassle price" - Adverised price + TTL & $150 doc fee. I offered them that for one of the vehicles were were looking at and the sales manager said he would not sell it to me for that price. And, in fact, they would have to look at the numbers and it was probably going to be at least $2,500 more than the advertised price plus TTL/doc fee.

He then said, "if you're looking to pay the advertised price anywhere, good luck" and walked away. So I'd recommend avoiding this dealership at all costs.
Sponsored

BetOnBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Yeah, they suck. I bought my Willy's from them and went round and round to get the add-on BS removed. Left them a scathing review on Google Maps.
I have a feeling a lot of dealerships these days don't care about making deals and working with customers.

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
They suck!!!

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜51 M38
Shottenkirk Granbury (Toyota) is a scam too. I was shopping for a used Tacoma a couple years ago and they were rude, and added on all sorts of unnecessary ā€˜packagesā€™ and wouldnā€™t budge. At one point, during negotiations a different salesman took the keys of the Tacoma we were negotiatingā€¦ and started showing it to a different family!

I didnā€™t end up buying from them, and will never go back.

OP
OP
JABCAT

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
The upside to this experience was I found a similar vehicle to the one I was looking at, only a higher trim level, a year newer & certified pre-owned with a 7/100k warranty that night at Huffines Subaru in Corinth. Went down first thing in the morning and purchased it. Absolutely no hassle, no hidden fees, no pressure to buy any add-ons, etc. Was in & out in just over an hour 1/2 & 30-40 min of that was their service department touching up and buffing some scratches on the rear passenger door. They weren't even that bad or visible, but the salesman said, if you don't mind waiting around a little bit I'll have our guy fix those up for you. If not, you can bring it back when it's convenient & we'll take care of it.

This is my 35th vehicle purchase & was one of the easiest and stress-free. Best part was the smile on my daughter's face when I surprised her with the new car & knowing she has a safe & reliable vehicle to drive back to college next week. :like:

Sponsored

Jwb211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Run far away. This dealer sucks and if what the do is not illegal itā€™s borderline.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I can also confirm that they are shitty. I tried to order my 392 through them and they wanted $20k over MSRP. I told them I already had an offer for under invoice and they called me a liar. Bought from the other dealer and saved nearly $30k.

In the current market you can order and get one for up to 6% under invoice. So it makes no sense to pay a markup unless you just absolutely need it today.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've only been there once and that was in March to have my steering gear replaced before the factory warranty ran out. They initially wanted to charge me for the alignment until I provided the TSB where it states an alignment is part of the process. Other than that, no issue with the service department on that visit nor any attempt to upsell other "required" services.

I suspect many dealers are doing the bait and switch on pricing. I do know they probably had 40 used Wranglers on their lot back in March though I don't recall seeing any prices posted back then. Probably some of that "dynamic pricing" that some dealers have been doing.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I've only been there once and that was in March to have my steering gear replaced before the factory warranty ran out. They initially wanted to charge me for the alignment until I provided the TSB where it states an alignment is part of the process. Other than that, no issue with the service department on that visit nor any attempt to upsell other "required" services.

I suspect many dealers are doing the bait and switch on pricing. I do know they probably had 40 used Wranglers on their lot back in March though I don't recall seeing any prices posted back then. Probably some of that "dynamic pricing" that some dealers have been doing.
All of their prices are MSRP + markup + Shottenkirk care(a valueless $2k item that they require)

TexasRay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys XR Gobi - Ordered 5/15...
I live about 3 miles from this dealer and called them to see if they would match a price on a Willys XR Gobi that I had from Denton Cjdr via Costco. The guy on the phone literally laughed and said they don't even do Msrp on wranglers...they do MSRP + adjustments.

I won't even be going to them for oil changes...Ill drive to Huffines.

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I live about 3 miles from this dealer and called them to see if they would match a price on a Willys XR Gobi that I had from Denton Cjdr via Costco. The guy on the phone literally laughed and said they don't even do Msrp on wranglers...they do MSRP + adjustments.

I won't even be going to them for oil changes...Ill drive to Huffines.
I ordered mine when they were Classic of Denton through Costco and it was a great experience. Just went for my last Jeep Wave service and The new ownership under Denton CDJR is great. No complaints.

TexasRay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys XR Gobi - Ordered 5/15...
Yeah, I bought a 2012 JKU Sport from them and had no issues at all. Glad to be buying my JLU from them.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Woman I work with is trying to buy from them. Went in 2 months ago and selected a unit they had on order. They agreed on trade in value, OTD price etc and she let let them know she would be using her own financing.

Fast forward to last Friday the Jeep is at the dealer prepped and ready for delivery. Now the dealer is dragging their heels on providing the information need to fund the loan, saying they can't fill out a funding request etc. Basically just being a major pain in the a$$

Stitch Jones

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Their service department... I didn't have a problem with buying my JL from them. I actually got it for the window sticker plus tax. Mainly because it just came off the truck that day and they didn't have a chance to put all the "dealer options" on it. However, trying to have work done is a joke. The service managers and associates seem to go out of their way to avoid scheduling anything and I guess their techs just don't show up for work when scheduled. At least that's been my experience thus far. I will be looking for a different dealership to do some things.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I suggest sending a link of this thread to them. The Interweb is a powerful thing. LOL
Sponsored