• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Ohio Beware of scammer !!

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Scammers are popping up everywhere. Its a damn shame.

Good on You for spreading the word.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Same here--he recently joined with no posts; only trolling the marketplace.

@Admins - ban?

JAe1iN.jpg

Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Forum mod needs to get a handle on this and screen better and delete scammers
In their defense, they're playing whack a mole.

Scammers set up multiple accounts at a shot.

We need to keep our eyes peeled and help out where we can.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Best way to ID them? I’m fairly new here but I’m scouting for parts on a daily basis.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Best way to ID them? I’m fairly new here but I’m scouting for parts on a daily basis.
Not sure there is an absolute way, but if you see a new member with no posts or low posts attempting to sell something at a price too good to be true--that should seriously raise an eyebrow.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Not sure there is an absolute way, but if you see a new member with no posts or low posts attempting to sell something at a price too good to be true--that should seriously raise an eyebrow.
Sounds like something a scammer would say....:movember:

:CWL:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like something a scammer would say....:movember:

:CWL:
With that said, I have bought quite a bit from the member marketplace with great experiences. By and large, most people here are very supportive and are not looking to scam anyone.

Sponsored

Jdsmoke

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Healthcare
With that said, I have bought quite a bit from the member marketplace with great experiences. By and large, most people here are very supportive and are not looking to scam anyone.
Ask for references. eBay or other forums where you validate activity.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Can we make an area where we keep "scores" on people - kind of like the "likes"? When a transaction goes well, they get a good rating.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I am sure most of you know the scam, let me give you the brief description. You have an item to sell ( cause Good luck if you are buying). The person drops you a note and makes sure they have your phone #, Mr. nice guy, in fact too nice. Then they text you and tell you that they will give you an extra amount of cash if you will take a Cashiers check. He told me an extra $100 for a $350 part, He will take a picture of the check send it to you. You put it into the bank and it shows up in your account. You send the part. Then the bank calls you or contacts you and tells you the check you just deposited cannot be verified. I dont know how the hell it could go so far. It should be flagged at the deposit immediately???? Just a thought. Get Venmo or Apple Pay if you are transferring money..

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Parts do not leave until payment clears - or better yet cash face to face. I will use a reputable business as a type of escrow to hold if needed. If my spidey sense says stay away - I walk.

But I do not need anymore money from the classifieds - I have a Nigerian prince wiring me money tonight...

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If they’re immediately redirecting you to an email. Probably a bad sign.

Use PayPal and NEVER do family and friends for someone you don’t know.
Sponsored