• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Ohio Beware of scammer !!

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Parts do not leave until payment clears - or better yet cash face to face. I will use a reputable business as a type of escrow to hold if needed. If my spidey sense says stay away - I walk.

But I do not need anymore money from the classifieds - I have a Nigerian prince wiring me money tonight...
You too? He is wiring me $10,000,000 and all I had to do was pay a $2500 processing fee.. Ha Ha Ha......
Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Not sure there is an absolute way, but if you see a new member with no posts or low posts attempting to sell something at a price too good to be true--that should seriously raise an eyebrow.
And, if they happen to be a Nigerian prince...

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
If they’re immediately redirecting you to an email. Probably a bad sign.

Use PayPal and NEVER do family and friends for someone you don’t know.
^^^^ this ^^^^ PayPal will normally take the side of the buyer provided documentation is submitted to support the claim.

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Best way to ID them? I’m fairly new here but I’m scouting for parts on a daily basis.
I've been buying and selling on forums, ebay and gunbroker for more than the last 2 decades. High dollar items like custom guitars, camera gear, etc... What do I do on forums like this? Especially since I have a low post count and if the seller does as well?

If I'm interested in something, I tell the seller I want to buy the item and to give me a call. That way I get a short convo that either makes or breaks the sale, a little more info on the item and a number to contact if anything goes wrong.

I already weeded out one seller who only had a dozen posts, all in the marketplace with no actual apparent sales. Maybe he was legit, but due to him being new, low post count only in the classifieds and not willing to give me a call, I passed and ended up buying the same thing from someone else who ended up being an actual legit business that I felt confident in and received my package quickly. I paid a little more, but I'm completely satisfied.

Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

On the other hand, last week there was a listing for a Harken Hoist new for $90 - guy had 12 posts and no likes so I asked For another picture of the hoist - he provided. Have to believe some times. Turns out it was real. Thank goodness.

‘just saying not everyone is a crook

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
On the other hand, last week there was a listing for a Harken Hoist new for $90 - guy had 12 posts and no likes so I asked For another picture of the hoist - he provided. Have to believe some times. Turns out it was real. Thank goodness.

‘just saying not everyone is a crook
Hi. What is the friends and family deal? Why not use it? Just had a person tell me to use F and F for a deal. Thx

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi. What is the friends and family deal? Why not use it? Just had a person tell me to use F and F for a deal. Thx
friends and family doesn't charge for the transaction so the person receiving gets the full amount. One the flip side it is you saying I know this person its a gift to them(I'm not purchasing a product) and you are waving any rights to get that money back. Paypal will not investigate and try to get the money back from the scammer.

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student

If you are the one accepting money family and friends would be fine, correct? But if you are sending the money there is no way to get a refund if you get scammed is my understanding.

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
OK I understand now and thanks for the clarification

Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

A week ago I Venmo'd a pretty decent chunk of money to my son's wife's Venmo account. Needless to say there are a lot of Venmo accounts and I managed to select the wrong one. I know I should have test with $1 before. Wanted it to be a surprise. When I found my mistake I sent a request asking for the money. The nice lady gave it back. Faith in humanity restored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like something a scammer would say....:movember:

:CWL:
Next thing you know they will be posting and tagging people to fill in surveys like on Facebook lol. What's your first car, your favorite food etc. nothing like doing a little phishing while sitting bored of Covid restrictions.
Sponsored