Sponsored

Beware of Dealers

JPS RUL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99' TJ, 2019 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the curvature of my springs from the Mopar 2" lift. I noticed BOTH front springs had the same part #, then I looked at the rear. Not only did I have 2 right front springs, but the rears were put on the wrong side..."BY the Dealer". So I scheduled my free oil change today to confront them about it. "We're only human, and we have a lot on our plate" Was his response. So after the oil change I asked how many quarts of oil they put in."6.1 quarts" What the hell. This technician said he's installed many lifts like this, So Every one was done incorrectly. Also the service manager Had NO IDEA that the new 3.6 took 5 quarts. Why is it that customers Know more than the service dept. My springs had to be ordered, 2 week delivery, then I'm done with Dealers.
Sponsored

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
I know it’s frustrating that we know more than the people working on our Jeeps at the dealer, but they work on a lot more than just Wranglers. Also, they aren’t trained to be mechanics anymore. They just do what the FCA mothership computer tells them to do. The computer says the 3.6 takes 6 qts, so that’s what they put in.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'm glad I do all my own work :)
As long as it doesn't involve diagnostics, that is :)

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I know it’s frustrating that we know more than the people working on our Jeeps at the dealer, but they work on a lot more than just Wranglers. Also, they aren’t trained to be mechanics anymore. They just do what the FCA mothership computer tells them to do. The computer says the 3.6 takes 6 qts, so that’s what they put in.
This, don’t attack the tech, yes maybe they should know more, but if the computer says to put a certain amount of oil, who are they to question it?
Sponsored