Sponsored

BEWARE*** Jeep voided warranty claim and voided remaining factory warranty BEWARE***

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Extended warranties like MaxCare are often refundable if not used, I do believe it depends on state.
Bingo, second they void it, they owe you a balance. And While I am on your side, if you really have a heavily modified jeep, I can easily see they can hold you up in court for far more than the entire jeep is worth. Fix it, and either keep it or sell it.
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

BBB is bullshit by the way, they have zero authority and less merit anymore. They charge high prices to businesses to be part of their network and then give A+ rating as long as you reply to the customer complaint. You don't have to fix it, just reply. Go read some dealerships reviews that are rated A+ and you will see...

Lemon law is for the same problem over and over again and generally within a year. You have zero chance at that.

You significantly changed the drivetrain when you threw one tons in there. Most of use that had the sensor issue just went with the Tazer fix. You are a baller to fix a $200 issue with $20,000 axles... No way you are going to get Jeep to back down on this. That is a major modification. I also believe the 40's may have been enough to get it voided.

Also, as mentioned, if you did pay for the Max warranty and did not use it, you should be able to get some of it back pro-rated.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Just remembered, older guy we ran into on the trail a couple of weeks ago had his stock front axle replaced under warranty even though hes on 39s! 🤪

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
As a general rule, car manufacturers will try and screw you when it comes to warranty issues. The only "safe" way to avoid this is to ensure your vehicle adheres to any required maintenance tables and do not modify the vehicle.
There are dealers who will turn a blind eye, but generally, most will screw you if they can.
Either way until it's out of warranty or assume the costs yourself.
Not saying it's right or fair, but they also know they can get away with it.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Sounds like the Op should ask for $61 back like the guy in the other “I’m butthurt by Northridge” thread… 😂

Jeep Wrangler JL BEWARE*** Jeep voided warranty claim and voided remaining factory warranty BEWARE*** 1686391572377
Big difference is this guy actually spent $35k at NR.

For real though, OP is at least owed an explanation of what they think happened to the case, we all know he was forced to pay the fucking “diagnostic fee”. If everything’s installed correctly, it’s not like anything he did should cause the case to grenade.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Nope.. they will void it for any modifications!! (lift kits not installed by/and not mopar , tazer to change the tire size etc ) perhaps if you were able to comprehend the actual story this would make more sense to you??
Not true, when I purchased my 2018 JL, the first thing I did was add a 3 inch lift kit, 35's, after market shocks (no coil overs) and it has had a few items fixed under warranty. Also have an extended warranty (not from Mopar). The only thing a dealership tried to give me a hard time about was when they saw my TazerJL and I told them to go pound sand.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
BUYER BEWARE. Memorial day weekend my 2021 JLU blew the transfer case on my way to work. driving on the FWY at 70 mph. Service 4wd light came on and then started to shutter then now power. pulled over and looked the transfer case was pouring gear oil out. called roadside for a tow and brought vehicle home because the dealerships were closed. got underneath to see what happened and there is a hole in the case. brought to dealership after sitting for a week, inspector came out and flagged my jeep and voided the factory warranty with under 25k on the JEEP!!! Because they have flagged the Jeep the MAX care warranty I purchased is useless now also. The Jeep is modified with coil overs and tons and on 37's. spoke with Jeep Cares( they dont!) and they said that ANY modifications outside of the factory allowed will void all warranties. This will be my last Jeep ever. In 2 years of ownership I have had nothing but issues with this POS.
I have owned 5 other jeeps and 4 being JK"S and have never had the issues I have had with this POS.

My next move is to get ahold of the BBB and file a complaint along with the State attorney general to file a Lemon law case. Still waiting on the HPFP recall that they have no parts or time frame for. Time to Lawyer up!!

Just thought I would share my experience with Jeep and the crap product and customer service they provide and to let you all know that if they send an inspector out to look at your Jeep and it's modified your warranties are done!!!
So you abused a vehicle with tons of additional weight and add ons and you're calling it a "POS"? Go ahead, lawyer up, I'm sure that will go really far.

FYSA, they told you 'any modifications' because from your thread it was probably quite clear you modified a ton of crap on the vehicle then wanted the dealer to cover blow parts.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
We got in writing from our dealer that up to 4" of lift and 37's would not void our warranty. Once you get in to axle swaps, you're on your own. Instead of swapping axles and going to 40's when your locker failed way prematurely, why wouldn't you have that fixed under warranty? It all seems fishy to me. Warranties are OK for major repairs, but otherwise not worth the hassle in my opinion.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Did you delete FAD?
You won't find tons with a FAD. The FAD is not a transfer case wear protection. It was added for fuel economy period. JKs, most TJs, most XJs, ZJs, WJs etc run 100s of thousands of miles without any kind of disconnect. If the dealer is even implying that is why the transfer case blew up he's a moron. It's virtually the same tcase that's been in all those models. Imbalanced drive shaft, failed internal oiling, shock loading, etc are potential causes but not the FAD.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Nope.. they will void it for any modifications!! (lift kits not installed by/and not mopar , tazer to change the tire size etc ) perhaps if you were able to comprehend the actual story this would make more sense to you??
Yes 100% they can void the warranty exactly as you posted above.... so why the F did you buy the Maxcare warranty in the first place ??
Seems you are the one who could not comprehend how the factory warranty works knowing fully well you planned on violating it 40 times over and then to add insult to your self inflicted injury you actually bought an extension for the same factory warranty you knew fully well you had already voided ? 🤪
Lets see now, I have a Mopar lift installed by my Mopar dealer who calibrated the speedometer without a tazer using Mopar software after installing 37's by same said Mopar dealer.... see, easy to keep your warranty if you simply read it and follow along and it will still be valid 😵
A dealer might slip something through and often do, but... why chance it ? - most of the guys on this forum don't extend their warranties for this very reason, they know it can be voided by mods and so they choose to not piss money away and then act all "surprised" when they break shit that was clearly broken because of all the mods, they mod it, beat the crap out of it, trailer it home, and fix it knowing fully well who was responsible and not caring because they love testing the limits of the new creation 🍻

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
You won't find tons with a FAD. The FAD is not a transfer case wear protection. It was added for fuel economy period. JKs, most TJs, most XJs, ZJs, WJs etc run 100s of thousands of miles without any kind of disconnect. If the dealer is even implying that is why the transfer case blew up he's a moron. It's virtually the same tcase that's been in all those models. Imbalanced drive shaft, failed internal oiling, shock loading, etc are potential causes but not the FAD.
I didn't take the time to read the entire thread to see OP has tons.

Deleting fad can absolutely destroy a t case If you don't adjust your pinion angle properly, and your driveshaft is spinning all of the time, it will vibrate until either the DS gives out or the tcase.

I retained my fad when I went to rcvs so I could run an optimal castor angle, which makes my Jeep drive better than any xj, tj, or jk I have ever owned. My pinion angle is so off now that if I didn't have fad I'm positive I would have a lot of vibration up.

I'm sure youre already aware of what I just pointed out, but I felt the need to respond to your post so others would understand what my point was.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
BBB is bullshit by the way, they have zero authority and less merit anymore. They charge high prices to businesses to be part of their network and then give A+ rating as long as you reply to the customer complaint. You don't have to fix it, just reply. Go read some dealerships reviews that are rated A+ and you will see...

Lemon law is for the same problem over and over again and generally within a year. You have zero chance at that.

You significantly changed the drivetrain when you threw one tons in there. Most of use that had the sensor issue just went with the Tazer fix. You are a baller to fix a $200 issue with $20,000 axles... No way you are going to get Jeep to back down on this. That is a major modification. I also believe the 40's may have been enough to get it voided.

Also, as mentioned, if you did pay for the Max warranty and did not use it, you should be able to get some of it back pro-rated.
The BBB STANDS on the side of Business, not for the consumer. I have never won against BBB. But have NEVER lost in small claims court.

Lemon Law, only if its a Lemon and you making it a Lemon does not count.

'One Tons". WHAT one tons, me, I use Dynatrac for my axles, not something you get from WeBeOneTons and Chinese take out...

Maybe put these on and get really dressed up for Moab

2fc1446ac8a6cddf574e8a9a4c12963a.jpg

bd7913ac1be4ec568564128fc24104b9.jpg

2fc1446ac8a6cddf574e8a9a4c12963a.jpg

bd7913ac1be4ec568564128fc24104b9.jpg

XM OFFROAD GLOSS BLACK & YELLOW INSERTS XM-326 WHEEL
$432.00
Sponsored