Sponsored

Better to sell stock takeoffs or keep for when selling vehicle

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
General question I’d like to throw out to the forum. Do you think it’s better to sell your stock rubicon take-offs as you mod? Or is it better to keep them around and if and when you sell the Jeep you reinstall the stock parts bringing it back to stock as much as possible and sell the Jeep stock while selling off your now removed mods individually?

The prices I see stock rubicon take-offs going for makes me wonder if anyone found it more beneficial to just keep around. Plus, I hear if your Jeep’s modded when you go to sell it all together you never really get much value for your installed mods.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If you are swapping to another new jeep, you possible transfer and reuse parts, but otherwise, you'll likely get more by parting out the upgrades and selling the jeep stock, real question is if you're willing to put in the effort to reinstall the stock stuff at the end.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If you have room to store them, why not keep them. Sometimes, bigger tire, lifts might not live up to expectations, and you can't replace them for what they sell for. As prices continue to go up, keep them as an " investment "

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Like mentioned, if you have the room and aren't strapped for cash it's not a bad plan to keep them. Keep in mind having tires w/ date codes older than 6 years can deter buyers that are paying attention. Also putting it back to stock and freeing up your aftermarket parts would work well if you end up getting a newer Jeep down the road, this assumes the newer Jeep would also be able to use the "old" stuff.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Everyone likes to see brand new wheels and tires when they buy used. It makes it easier to sell as just a set of new tires can run nearly $2k right now after mounting balance and tax. If you have the room, hang into them, especially if leasing.
Sponsored