Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
For the slammers, you cut the entire end off the rear of the seat rail, and drill/bolt on a new bracket. This lowers the rear of the seat.

For the Jackers it does the same thing, except it raises the front instead of lowering the back, these are just bolted into the existing brackets in the front.

I use the stage 2 of the Slammers, which include both. Lower the rear and raise the front. For someone thats tall, this is the right option imo.

I would of spent twice as much 3 years sooner if I would of known.
Thanks Justin!! I'm going to go with the Jackers then, no way could bring myself to cut up a $75k vehicle seat brackets in the first 1000 miles

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
I will be adding this to my JUL when it finally shows up. One of the reasons I bought the Jeep was a 4000 mile test drive I did this summer. It was an 11 day hick fest with the wife. some days were 8 hours of windshield time to get to then next place. I'm 51, 250 lbs and 5'-11". I didn't find myself squirming to much in the seat on the long trips. What I did notice was 1 would have liked to be sitting more of an backward angle and 2 which was the more irritating issue, I couldn't get the side mirror angled up enough to get my preferred view. so I would have to occasionally duck down to see the full rear view in my side mirror.
Hopefully the front and back jacker set will resolve both issues.

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Thanks Justin!! I'm going to go with the Jackers then, no way could bring myself to cut up a $75k vehicle seat brackets in the first 1000 miles
No problem. Definitely try that, my brother is 5'11" and he's completely happy with those in his Jeep.

Sponsored

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I’m 6’5” as well and this will be one of the first modifications once I pick up my Jeep. How much of a drop did you do?
We're the same height. I originally tried the risers up front + no shims in the rear, but the angle was too aggressive for my tastes, thought my legs might fall asleep.

I landed on using risers up front + one .5" shim in the rear. Feels great to me, I can see my entire instrument cluster without leaning down and my head is out of the path of the roll bar now.

DirtyHaraldson

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.harrisongiven.com
Vehicle(s)
On Order - 2021 JL Sport S
Occupation
Instructional Designer
We're the same height. I originally tried the risers up front + no shims in the rear, but the angle was too aggressive for my tastes, thought my legs might fall asleep.

I landed on using risers up front + one .5" shim in the rear. Feels great to me, I can see my entire instrument cluster without leaning down and my head is out of the path of the roll bar now.
Awesome, cheers for the guidance. Has anyone under 6’ driven your Jeep and did they have issues adjusting the seat to the right height?

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Awesome, cheers for the guidance. Has anyone under 6’ driven your Jeep and did they have issues adjusting the seat to the right height?
Girlfriend (5’9”) drove it around for a bit and asked me to do it to her side.

I don’t really see it being a problem for anyone because there is that adjustment lever that adjusts you up+forward, I feel like I could get it back to stock w that if anyone ever cared.

DirtyHaraldson

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.harrisongiven.com
Vehicle(s)
On Order - 2021 JL Sport S
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Girlfriend (5’9”) drove it around for a bit and asked me to do it to her side.

I don’t really see it being a problem for anyone because there is that adjustment lever that adjusts you up+forward, I feel like I could get it back to stock w that if anyone ever cared.
Hilarious, my wife is the same height and she was concerned. Appreciate the help! Hopefully, picking our JL this week 🤞

bjeepz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Recon
Bumping this back up to the top.... I just picked up a 2023 Rubicon XR, had to get what was available to replace my stolen Mojave. The Mojave seats were fantastic, they were light grey leather. My 2020 JT Overland had the brown leather and was also good to go for me. The new Rubi has the cloth seats and I find the cloth to be so soft that the seats sag more and just aren't great. I'm thinking of adding Katzkin leather to the fronts only as the rear seats will be nearly always folded down. The leather seems so much firmer making the seats better overall for me. Has anybody here done this with good results? Thanks!
Sponsored