Better exhaust note for the diesel?

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
I plan to delete the all the emissions junk as soon as the kit comes available from are good friends to the north!
Now that I think about it, the emissions delete an have a big negative effect on resale value (I was planning on doing the delete). If someone wants to buy your diesel in a state that requires emissions, they won't be able to. So you will be limited to selling the diesel to a non-inspection state...

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Agreed, it's a gamble and life situations change at random. If one were to keep the vehicle long term and not live in an anti freedom area, deleting would be the way to go after the warranty has expired. The emissions nonsense is the weakest link of the diesel package. I hate that it's become such a huge ordeal but we have the rollin' coal boys and EPA overreach to thank for that.
It’s all CARB. The auto manufacturers negotiated their own deals with CARB in 2018. Part of that negotiation required all auto manufacturers to have an electric vehicle alternative or they couldn’t sell any vehicles in their state. It’s all very frustrating because - not necessarily their ideas - but that one state’s policies are dictating the policies for 49 other states and i don’t even get to vote for them. California has also banned any pre 2007 10k or more diesels from registering in their state (f450+). It’s nice for us Arizonans because they dump really good vehicles with hardly any miles in our state for cents on the dollar.

Look at the hostilities toward diesel on this site alone. As if the hybrid 3.6 is a simple and not complex machine or the 2.0t hybrid has less moving parts. I’ve fought with emissions systems on gas cars for years from lean p420/0421 codes, evap system leaks, one of the 4 cats having an issue, a/f sensors, etc…it’s all the same.

It’s amazing to see how one state has put its tentacles into our federal government and is shaping the policies of this country without most of us being able to even elect them. I digress….
Sponsored