hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, with the MC kits they don't use a TB bracket - just adjustable TB's - so did not run into this issue. If they did raise it I would be really surprised.
Just pinged on FB wrangler product team lead. He confirmed it has been raised. I didn’t push for details as in how much :)
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Just pinged on FB wrangler product team lead. He confirmed it has been raised. I didn’t push for details as in how much :)
Interesting they acknowledge a problem so they raise the rear but ignore the front??????

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting they acknowledge a problem so they raise the rear but ignore the front??????
And create a new one with that ridiculously long bump tower 😂. Oh, and was it too much to ask to at least throw the 1/4” longer LCAs on there 🤦🏼‍♂️

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
This is literally in the video posted in the original post, that it was raised.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
And create a new one with that ridiculously long bump tower 😂. Oh, and was it too much to ask to at least throw the 1/4” longer LCAs on there 🤦🏼‍♂️
Yes, really don't get the Mopar arm thing as:

1) Obviously some engineer decided they needed the longer arms for the Mopar lift kit.

2) Then they put the Mopar lift kit on the XR but leave out the arms they needed in #1?

3) And instead of using some bump stops on the spring perch they decide to go with longer jounce tubes. I think this was to deal with the 315's hitting the fenders.

Really weird choices.

Last edited:

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 1982 CJ-8, 2012 Ram 2500 4WD
You shouldn’t raise the front track bar without doing something with the drag link also. You could create a bump steer problem.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
You shouldn’t raise the front track bar without doing something with the drag link also. You could create a bump steer problem.
I’m pretty sure John wasn’t suggesting raising front TB but more along the lines of an extended TB to assist centering axle from factory.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yes, but the fix is typically a longer/adjustable track bar to center the axle until a drag link flip is needed.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Wow. That is bad, but sadly not surprising.

I really had to bite my tongue a lot. I wanted to say, ”you DO realize this is a Wrangler? What are you complaining about re: off-roading?!”
“Trail Rated!”

… unless you drive it on a trail, in which case your warranty is voided and we’ll deny it’s our product/responsibility/fault…

Sheesh…. :mad:

Sponsored

Super

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK, 2022 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll just throw this out there. A lot of Jeep builds look “off” in that the lift doesn’t match the wheels doesn’t match the tire size, etc. They look funny.

I think Jeep did an excellent job matching everything proportionally to make a good looking XR rig.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I want to sell my '22 for $60k that I paid $48k for and buy another one that is XR! It wasn't in the budget when I bought mine but if I can get an extra $12k.... I'll wait for it for 239847239487 months! Who wants a '22 JLUR right NOW? Any takers? :D

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Looks nice and jealous my RHD wasn't offered in XR for sure
Only concern from the video is that it looks like they reinforced the tailgate for the spare but kept the crappy plastic wheel mount (unless I'm not seeing that right)
On my JK that is the very piece I found with a huge crack one day with 33's. The tailgate itself was fine although 11 years later I did replace the rusty hinges and Amazon delivered a tough steel mount replacement for the actual mount years earlier
Can someone confirm this either way please as that plastic mount that actually attaches the spare is certainly a weak link if its true and stupid considering all the effort to reinforce everything up to it ?
I could be wrong, but it sure looks like it

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Looks nice and jealous my RHD wasn't offered in XR for sure
Only concern from the video is that it looks like they reinforced the tailgate for the spare but kept the crappy plastic wheel mount (unless I'm not seeing that right)
On my JK that is the very piece I found with a huge crack one day with 33's. The tailgate itself was fine although 11 years later I did replace the rusty hinges and Amazon delivered a tough steel mount replacement for the actual mount years earlier
Can someone confirm this either way please as that plastic mount that actually attaches the spare is certainly a weak link if its true and stupid considering all the effort to reinforce everything up to it ?
I could be wrong, but it sure looks like it
That's not plastic though. It's aluminum, just like it was on the JK. It's supposed to be stronger than the one from the JK. But it is still a bit light duty for a large heavy tire.
Sponsored