Sponsored

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
It’s shock extended length. IIRC, front 3.6XR extended shock length is only .75” longer than stock Rubi. Any extended bump stop over that amount takes directly from shock travel.

Easy enough fix though, swap out the shocks.
Hello, I have the XR.. Went to Moab and was disappointed with the flex..

Can you tell me exactly how I can get more flex? I want to keep the jeep about the same height if possible, but want more flex , nothing extreme ....

So I buy longer shocks, then what do I do about the bump stops, can I replace them with shorter ones ?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hello, I have the XR.. Went to Moab and was disappointed with the flex..

Can you tell me exactly how I can get more flex? I want to keep the jeep about the same height if possible, but want more flex , nothing extreme ....

So I buy longer shocks, then what do I do about the bump stops, can I replace them with shorter ones ?
The bump stops are metal tubes I believe you’d have to cut off. The tan jounce pad compresses, so you can basically ignore it.

You have to match the shock compressed length to the bump stop, it needs to bottom out after the bump to protect it.

Can you get two measurements? For each corner, shock eye to eye and the distance from the lowest metal point of the upper bump to the lower spring/bump pad. This should help identify your max compressed length (@AnnDee4444).

Are you willing to change your front driveshaft? If not, you should be able to go up to about 29” of shock extension just removing the LCA brake brackets.

Sponsored

05blackmax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK,2022 JL
Ive had 4 jeeps all lifted bds,jks,mopar,teraflex now we have a 22 willys with xr i think it drives great. for the money its a good deal. I dont think anyone mentioned the rock sliders come in the xr package. I dont know any shops around me that will regear axles for under $3000.00. I did put 37" toyos on the willys.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I’d like to see verification of some of the statements in that video from another source, perhaps someone with an XR vin and access to the FCA parts system.

E.G. there’s a statement in the video that the rear axle track bar mount is raised and reinforced. Here’s two photos. One is the track bar mount from the video about the XR package. The other is my non-XR JLUR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Better brakes on the XR? In-depth video look at Extreme Recon Package 262CC7CD-23D1-4EC9-97D2-2A5D6B2E6F4E

Jeep Wrangler JL Better brakes on the XR? In-depth video look at Extreme Recon Package 7A5F1E9E-6011-4166-998A-A7D70F32D1A2

Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I can get you a measurement tonight.
Sounds good, stick a tape on an XR and I’ll take the same photo of mine.

Any difference you see in the photos above is due to the relative perspective of the camera position, and the XR is at full droop. Compare the brackets to the surrounding fixed elements like the bump stop pad.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good, stick a tape on an XR and I’ll take the same photo of mine.

Any difference you see in the photos above is due to the relative perspective of the camera position, and the XR is at full droop. Compare the brackets to the surrounding fixed elements like the bump stop pad.
I know when @Jazzicon spoke with RK about installing the rear TB relo bracket as part of her 2.5” lift, they stated not needed on XR since TB is already raised. It also appears to be mounted higher in your pics based on the indentations in the bracket.

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 2021 Toyota
I know when @Jazzicon spoke with RK about installing the rear TB relo bracket as part of her 2.5” lift, they stated not needed on XR since TB is already raised. It also appears to be mounted higher in your pics based on the indentations in the bracket.
Once I am done with the lift….waiting on shocks that are delayed in Portland 🤬….I will let you know how everything lines up.

Below is my current factory track bar setup.

Jeep Wrangler JL Better brakes on the XR? In-depth video look at Extreme Recon Package 9FB5D29B-57EB-4568-90E5-6206A066FE04

Lift is at a stopping point without the shocks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Better brakes on the XR? In-depth video look at Extreme Recon Package 07246E95-5BA2-40E4-9B34-E383DD5528C8

Jeep Wrangler JL Better brakes on the XR? In-depth video look at Extreme Recon Package 99B10E91-DBB7-4DBC-B9DB-A0CF15A57354

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
I’d like to see verification of some of the statements in that video from another source, perhaps someone with an XR vin and access to the FCA parts system.

E.G. there’s a statement in the video that the rear axle track bar mount is raised and reinforced. Here’s two photos. One is the track bar mount from the video about the XR package. The other is my non-XR JLUR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Better brakes on the XR? In-depth video look at Extreme Recon Package 99B10E91-DBB7-4DBC-B9DB-A0CF15A57354

The XR bracket is clearly taller.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Interesting, with the MC kits they don't use a TB bracket - just adjustable TB's - so did not run into this issue. If they did raise it I would be really surprised.
Sponsored