Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yep. Yet you still get people who say “just buy 35s yourself!” Lol.
Some 35s, takeoff red shocks and a lift and your done for less money! :LOL:

I always wonder about installing heavier/larger wheels and tires and not doing something with the stock brakes.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$4K seems reasonable for what you get on the XR option.
Trying to add all those improvements to bolt together your own XR package would cost a LOT more then what the Factory XR Package/option cost. It is a deal for what they are charging for the XR package. Plus you get a factory warranty.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only real gripe I have is that the 392 XR package should be less than $4k since some of the upgrades come on the 392 naturally.
That would be the Mopar tax for those who are willing to fork out for the 392. I agree with you though.

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Some 35s, takeoff red shocks and a lift and your done for less money! :LOL:
It's geared lower too, tailgate reinforcement, beadlocks, better brakes, it's not for everyone, some are going to completely upgrade everything, some just want a stock capable rig with warranty. To each their own.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's geared lower too, tailgate reinforcement, beadlocks, better brakes, it's not for everyone, some are going to completely upgrade everything, some just want a stock capable rig with warranty. To each their own.
Early on a few people were insisting the XR package was nothing more then maybe larger tires and a lift. My point is the XR package is a lot more then just larger tires and a lift. I own a 2-door so I can't get one if I wanted one. I would definitely order one if I could. I feel it is great value for anyone interested. I am envious of all the 4-door owners who can order it if they want it!

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Plus lots of additional tweaks. I didn't realize that the rear camera was extended too. Lots of comments on this forum about larger tires obstructing their view. I guess that's only important when backing out of a parking spot.

Note that they're beadlock capable, not beadlocks.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Glad there's detail on ths package. That was my gripe when I was building my Jeep online: No detail on options even when you clicked the info button. For instance, if I had known that the steel bumper option also included an extra skid plate and stiffer springs, I would have ordered it.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So what does the Venn diagram of “people who think the XR package is an amazing value” and “people who complain that buying a Rubicon is a huge waste of money” look like?
Sponsored