Bestop trektop ultra window storage

Liz86

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
I’m curious on where you store the windows when you want to put the top down. Do they fit in the cargo area of the Jeep? Do you roll them up or can they lay flat on the floor of the trunk area? Also does anyone have the dimensions of the rear window?
I’m looking on purchasing this top for my 2018 jl 4 door.
Sponsored

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
I just install mine too today and now I am wondering the same thing. Currently they are rolled up and laying in the cargo but this isn’t a permanent solution.

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Bestop makes a window storage bag that you can put them in. It’s designed to store them flat, not rolled up. It has straps so that you can hang it vertically behind the back seats. Not sure if it would fit flat on the floor in the cargo area due to the size, but it’s possible. Hopefully soon i will be able to test that out!

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bestop makes a window storage bag that you can put them in. It’s designed to store them flat, not rolled up. It has straps so that you can hang it vertically behind the back seats. Not sure if it would fit flat on the floor in the cargo area due to the size, but it’s possible. Hopefully soon i will be able to test that out!
Couldn't have said it better myself!
You can check out that store bag here.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Couldn't have said it better myself!
You can check out that store bag here.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Hi Lee - can you please confirm that the JL Trektop Ultra windows fit in the bag? The online description leads me to think otherwise. Also, does the rear window bar need to be removed in order to stow in the bag? hoping to order this ASAP after having the Trektop for a couple weeks now!

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hi Lee - can you please confirm that the JL Trektop Ultra windows fit in the bag? The online description leads me to think otherwise. Also, does the rear window bar need to be removed in order to stow in the bag? hoping to order this ASAP after having the Trektop for a couple weeks now!
Yes, engineering confirmed for me that the Trektop Ultra windows fit in the Trektop Family Window Storage Bag. I do recommend pulling the tailgate bar off of the rear window.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Great! Thank you!
I originally bought the Mopar bag and the windows didn't fit so after calling bt I purchased their bag. The installation video shows the rear window with the tailgate bar fits in with some straps to hold it in place but I found the bag is an inch or so too small. I have to remove the tailgate bar and fold over the bottom of the rear window. I wish they made a bag specific to the trektop ultra that fit a little better. Just make the bag 2" wider and move the straps farther apart.

Sponsored

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I originally bought the Mopar bag and the windows didn't fit so after calling bt I purchased their bag. The installation video shows the rear window with the tailgate bar fits in with some straps to hold it in place but I found the bag is an inch or so too small. I have to remove the tailgate bar and fold over the bottom of the rear window. I wish they made a bag specific to the trektop ultra that fit a little better. Just make the bag 2" wider and move the straps farther apart.
strange that you pull the tailgate bar out. I've been using the bestop bag for my trektop ultra windows for a year now without an issue...take your time and it all zips up just fine (for me anyway). Storing the bag from the rear seats in the cargo area is a no-go if you have the subwoofer...but without rear seat passengers, it hangs fine from the front seats. I do wish taking them with you was easier.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
strange that you pull the tailgate bar out. I've been using the bestop bag for my trektop ultra windows for a year now without an issue...take your time and it all zips up just fine (for me anyway). Storing the bag from the rear seats in the cargo area is a no-go if you have the subwoofer...but without rear seat passengers, it hangs fine from the front seats. I do wish taking them with you was easier.
Take a picture or I don't believe you. Lol

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I do wish taking them with you was easier.
It's why I went with the Mopar top. Much easier to carry windows with you, but not as easy as it was with my Jk. or TJ, but the YJ was the easiest. Jeep shipped the soft top models with a bag for the side windows and had you roll up the back window.
Sponsored