Sponsored

Bestop Trektop Ultra for JL - now available for Pre-Order!

Chamlin2

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ,2001 TJ, 1978 CJ5
Occupation
Deep Sea Diver
So far we like it a lot. The back window seems bigger that stock due to the angle. No leaks so far and we had a pretty good rain storm here in Louisiana last night. The top doesn’t fold down as low as the stock soft top. But with the 37” spare we haven’t lost a whole lot anyhow.

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
This is just a heads up for anyone who has ordered but not yet installed the Trektop Ultra top for JLU. Before beginning your install, double check the bows sent. There should be three separate bows (and another that is already attached to the top). Of the three, all of them should be different, with two of them being close, but one of those two should be a bit longer than the other. My top was sent with two identical bows. The interesting thing is, each bow was labeled differently and matched the part numbers that should have been shipped, so don’t just look at the part numbers on each!

I have to say it’s pretty frustrating to get half way through the install and find the parts aren’t correct. Just trying to save someone else some potential headache!

Rob

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Alright Bestop, enough funny business....Where is the top?

1590687871820.png
They're shipping. More slowly than expected due to the challenges we're working around but they are going out. We should be seeing a larger quantity shipping shortly here as well. Thanks for your patience.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

steele55lp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Alright Bestop, enough funny business....Where is the top?

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Trektop Ultra for JL - now available for Pre-Order! 1590687871820
I second this. Was originally promised end of April. Then it was end of May. Now got another email that it’s end of June. I understand the delays with COVID but this is a bit excessive especially when the point of getting it was for summer

Smart_Hulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I second this. Was originally promised end of April. Then it was end of May. Now got another email that it’s end of June. I understand the delays with COVID but this is a bit excessive especially when the point of getting it was for summer
Your last sentence says it perfectly. My frustration is that I bought it through Northridge 4x4 and payed for it in full up front which I was ok with thinking I would be getting it at the end of April or early May. That apparently wasn't the case. I'm also in the same situation with a lift kit I ordered though. Everything came except the king shocks. King shocks had been shut down for 2 months apparently. Ready for things to get back to normal. I've luckily been able to work through this whole thing. I just am hopeful to get everthing soon. Getting hot down here in Texas!

Liz86

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
Here are some pictures of the top in a few different positions. The rear view is definitely blocked a little bit with the top all the way down, but you can still see some (I didn't mind it at all). The ride was surprisingly quiet with the roof all the way down. Overall very happy with the top!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Trektop Ultra for JL - now available for Pre-Order! 1590687871820

Are you able to store the windows in the cargo area? If so do they lay flat on the floor of the trunk area?

Smart_Hulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Well, just got an email from Northridge saying that their rep at Bestop said in about 3 weeks is the ETA on shipping. So I won't even have it by the 4th of July. What a waste.

steele55lp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, just got an email from Northridge saying that their rep at Bestop said in about 3 weeks is the ETA on shipping. So I won't even have it by the 4th of July. What a waste.
Smh....it’s bad. I still haven’t heard anything and I ordered directly from Bestop. This is a big waste

Sponsored

MITony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Smh....it’s bad. I still haven’t heard anything and I ordered directly from Bestop. This is a big waste
When did you order it from Bestop? I ordered April 15. Just trying to get a sense where I am in line as compared to you..

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey Guys,
I can appreciate that the nice weather is here and you're all waiting on tops to show up. I apologize for the wait times that we've seen. I can say that a LOT of you should be getting shipping notifications over the next 2 weeks.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I finally got mine installed! Excuse the rain drops - it would start raining right before I decide to take a photo!
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Trektop Ultra for JL - now available for Pre-Order! IMG_2352.JPEG

steele55lp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey Guys,
I can appreciate that the nice weather is here and you're all waiting on tops to show up. I apologize for the wait times that we've seen. I can say that a LOT of you should be getting shipping notifications over the next 2 weeks.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
@Bestop i received a call two days ago to complete the order cause they had my top ready to ship. I called back that day and have called consistently every day since a few times per day. I got a hold of Sawyer I believe it was this morning. He put me on hold only to hang up on me not call back and now no body is answering again for several hours. Not sure what’s going on over there but this is frustrating on top of an already extreme delay.
Sponsored