Sponsored

Bestop Trektop Ultra for JL - now available for Pre-Order!

Smart_Hulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ah, man that's a bummer! I actually ordered mine in the beginning of March and just received it yesterday, so maybe you will get yours sooner than later?

Install wasn't bad at all - took about 3 hours. The directions of course we're a little annoying as they kept referencing old or incorrect part numbers. Hope you get yours soon!
Nice, should have taken the leap sooner. Plus I ordered through a third party (Northridge 4x4) so probably another mistake. Can you post a picture of the rear visibility when the top is down. From the prototype in videos it didn't look like their was any at all.
Sponsored

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I ordered the first day the pre-order was available directly from Bestop and I just got it Tuesday. Unfortunately, the Jeep is at the dealer for service at the moment, so I am impatiently waiting to get it back to do the install! Hearing the backlog mentioned by Smart_Hulk, I am glad I didn't wait to order it!

I too would be interested in the visibility. That's my biggest concern about the Trektop Ultra!

morg5862

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4DR JL
Nice, should have taken the leap sooner. Plus I ordered through a third party (Northridge 4x4) so probably another mistake. Can you post a picture of the rear visibility when the top is down. From the prototype in videos it didn't look like their was any at all.
I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow. It's been cold and rainy on NY so haven't had the chance to put the top down since the install

Smart_Hulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow. It's been cold and rainy on NY so haven't had the chance to put the top down since the install
Good deal. It’s 95 and sunny all week where I live (Central Texas). That’s the root of my frustration. By the time I get mine it’s gonna be averaging 100 .

morg5862

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4DR JL
Good deal. It’s 95 and sunny all week where I live (Central Texas). That’s the root of my frustration. By the time I get mine it’s gonna be averaging 100 .
Here are some pictures of the top in a few different positions. The rear view is definitely blocked a little bit with the top all the way down, but you can still see some (I didn't mind it at all). The ride was surprisingly quiet with the roof all the way down. Overall very happy with the top!

MVIMG_20200425_164220.jpg

IMG_20200425_164228.jpg

IMG_20200425_164240.jpg

IMG_20200425_180536.jpg

IMG_20200425_180652.jpg

IMG_20200425_181255.jpg

IMG_20200425_181310.jpg

Sponsored

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
@morg5862 Thanks for taking some pictures and uploading them. The Trektop Ultra looks really good on your Jeep! What size tire are you running, I can almost make it out in the photos, but not quite

I had a feeling it would block out quite a bit based on the info I had seen before. I don't think it will be the end of the world for me either. Honestly, I just wish there was an easy way to remove the top entirely like the NX Glide did on my JKU. Still, there are tradeoffs with any option out there and I think that this top is my favorite and is the most versatile option for the JLU that is available at the moment. Now, I just need the dealer to hurry up and fix my Jeep!!

Rob

morg5862

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4DR JL
@morg5862 Thanks for taking some pictures and uploading them. The Trektop Ultra looks really good on your Jeep! What size tire are you running, I can almost make it out in the photos, but not quite

I had a feeling it would block out quite a bit based on the info I had seen before. I don't think it will be the end of the world for me either. Honestly, I just wish there was an easy way to remove the top entirely like the NX Glide did on my JKU. Still, there are tradeoffs with any option out there and I think that this top is my favorite and is the most versatile option for the JLU that is available at the moment. Now, I just need the dealer to hurry up and fix my Jeep!!

Rob
It's actually not terrible to take on and off. I had the original trektop that I got last year and I could take it on and off (after the first time install) in maybe 5-10 minutes. The ultra has a few more rails and slides so might take slightly longer, but shouldn't be too bad at all. Hope you get your Jeep back soon!

MITony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I pre-ordered the Trektop Ultra about 2 weeks ago. Seeing these pic's has me amped up to get the hard top off. Thanks to Bestop for posting updates in this tread. Been concerned that Covid19 has slowed things down.. Waiting patiently now.

SDJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2018
And some photos from the front....

Full-enclosed

ttultra-front-open.jpg

Sunrider® open

ttultra-front-sunrider1.jpg

Safari-style bikini

ttultra-front-safari.jpg

Fully open

ttultra-front-open.jpg

Price of the Trektop Ultra for JL (4 Door) is $1,999.99

You can pre-order and hold your spot in line with just a $75.00 deposit. Again, shipments are expected to start late April.

For more information and pre-order details on the Trektop Ultra for JL click here

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ttultra-front-closed.jpg
Can you open the Sunrider portion easily while stopped at a red light? I have the original Trextop and the sun rider portion is easy to open and close while stopped. This looks like you’d have to pull over to get out and open?? Thank you! I plan on taking advantage of the deal and ordering one!

Sponsored

steele55lp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
@Bestop I just heard that shipment on pre-orders are getting pushed till end of May when originally the end of April was promised when ordered. Is this worst case scenario or actual? This would be a bummer

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Chamlin2