Bestop Supertop Ultra JL owners?

Wildcat Troy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Is there a storage bag option for the side and rear windows? I'm having trouble finding one that says it works with the Supertop Ultra.
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thanks for the video. I installed mine last weekend but had a couple of questions:

Is it supposed to lock when fully retracted? (mine does not at this time, not sure if that's normal or if fabric needs break-in time)

Does rear window need to be removed when sunrider is fully retracted (to prevent pressure buildup)?

Thank you
It does not lock back when retracted but there are straps provided that you can use to secure the hardware if you're getting rowdy.

And no, you don't need to remove the rear window to enjoy the Sunrider feature. :)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Last edited:

Coalers62

First Name
Jared rice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-gray JL
To answer the question of the OP:

From the looks of it once it is installed the "theoretical" process to go back to the hard top will be:
1) Take out the stoppers in the door surround guides (4 Allen bolts)
2) Lower the soft top to the retracted position, since the stops are gone it will disengage from the rail at the top
3) Unbolt the "lift assists" from the sport bar
4) Take the whole thing in one thing out and find a place in the garage to put it... :blush:
5) Take out the door surrounds (8 bolts) and store them in another place in the same garage (if possible :giggle:)

And Bob is your uncle....

as for the practical, I can tell you when winter comes :jk:
Have you removed the top yet? If so how did it go and what all was involved in removing It?

Parker81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Wrangler
Have you removed the top yet? If so how did it go and what all was involved in removing It?
I’m planning on removing the Supertop Ultra this weekend - found this YouTube video by Bestop, not for the super top Ultra specifically, but Bestop mentions in the comments that it’s essentially the same process.

Here’s the link - it looks pretty easy:

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I’m planning on removing the Supertop Ultra this weekend - found this YouTube video by Bestop, not for the super top Ultra specifically, but Bestop mentions in the comments that it’s essentially the same process.

Here’s the link - it looks pretty easy:
Hey if I can do it, anyone can. :)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

Rassler215

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
So I did this today on my super top ultra.
#1. With the top closed and windows removed, remove the 12.5 torx bolts holding the end cap on each side of the track behind the rear doors and remove the caps.
#2 Fold the top all the way back, the arms will slide off the track and fall to the back of the jeep
#3 looking from the out side of the jeep there are 2 torx bolts on the brackets you can get your torx driver into, do the bottom one first with a 10mm wrench on the bolt on the other side. When the top and bottom are removed the arm will fall down. Repeat on the other side.
#4 the top itself is removed at this point and you can remove the brackets from the back jeep supports and then the back corners and you are good to go

k05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Order Placed (04/03) right after @Bestop replied :giggle:. Supertop received in record time (04/05 Great Jobs folks) and is already installed!!!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Installation was easier than I thought and is looks and functions great, I LOVE IT, I cannot be happier :jk:

I will post better pictures soon, but these are fresh out of the oven.

Now waiting on the mail-in rebate :)

20200410_190855.jpg

20200408_190823.jpg
On the top picture is there a secret to get the rear corners to sit flat like that? I can't seem to pull mine down. Its been sitting outside in 90 degree temps, I figured that would have helped.

jhuston425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU 4xe
Clubs

So I did this today on my super top ultra.
#1. With the top closed and windows removed, remove the 12.5 torx bolts holding the end cap on each side of the track behind the rear doors and remove the caps.
#2 Fold the top all the way back, the arms will slide off the track and fall to the back of the jeep
#3 looking from the out side of the jeep there are 2 torx bolts on the brackets you can get your torx driver into, do the bottom one first with a 10mm wrench on the bolt on the other side. When the top and bottom are removed the arm will fall down. Repeat on the other side.
#4 the top itself is removed at this point and you can remove the brackets from the back jeep supports and then the back corners and you are good to go
Rehashing an old thread, but has anyone found a good youtube video of this. Last year when I removed it, I had some difficulty. Top wanted to spring back and it made it difficult. About to need to remove it again and don't want to run into the same issues.
Sponsored