Bestop Supertop Ultra Installed

jeepable

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S White
I definitely want a soft top for the spring and summer, but I would love it if they were the same price as the JK tops you can find on CL or Facebook...
Sponsored

bevensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Looks great! The weather finally cooperated and I was able to install my top a few days ago. Having a slight issue however, maybe you can help. My top doesn't seem to lock in place after raising it from being fully down.. This means the glide track moves as I'm trying to close the header latches to fully close the top.

Wondering if my lock mechanism is somehow installed improperly. When I swing the yellow tab upward, it locks. When I swing it down, it is unlocked. Would you mind comparing? Hopefully this makes sense lol. I attached pictures that hopefully will show what I'm talking about.

TIA!

Screenshot_20200504-000615_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20200504-000607_Video Player.jpg

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Looks great! The weather finally cooperated and I was able to install my top a few days ago. Having a slight issue however, maybe you can help. My top doesn't seem to lock in place after raising it from being fully down.. This means the glide track moves as I'm trying to close the header latches to fully close the top.

Wondering if my lock mechanism is somehow installed improperly. When I swing the yellow tab upward, it locks. When I swing it down, it is unlocked. Would you mind comparing? Hopefully this makes sense lol. I attached pictures that hopefully will show what I'm talking about.

TIA!

I noticed that the hardware was different from the Mopar soft top, so i found a video from Bestop on YouTube. Very different setup from the Mopar one. I guess they couldn’t just release the same set up with their name on it. I definitely prefer how much simpler the Mopar one is to install (even the first time). I just changed my hard top out for my soft top yesterday again and it was quick and easy. Something to be said about having most of the roof preassembled when you get it.

OP
OP
kiese02

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

TIA!

When you raise the top up from being fully in the down position the arms should "click" or lock in place thus raising the yellow tabbed mechanism. If you watch the install video Bestop has on youtube you will see what im talking about around the 29:30 mark of the video. I hope this helps! If i can help with anything else let me know. The only issue i had was the top was super tight when finally installed and i had to wait for the sun to come out to heat the fabric up before i could lock the top on place.

Last edited:

bevensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
When you raise the top up from being fully in the down position the arms should "click" or lock in place thus raising the yellow tabbed mechanism. If you watch the install video Bestop has on youtube you will see what im talking about around the 29:30 mark of the video. I hope this helps! If i can help with anything else let me know. The only issue i had was the top was super tight when finally installed and i had to wait for the sun to come out to heat the fabric up before i could lock the top on place.
My top definitely does not lock/click when raising. I'm actually using that exact part of the video as my reference for believing my top may be finicky. That's why I included the pictures of my yellow tab locks. In the video, the yellow tabs are in the down position when the top clicks into place and locks (29:42). My yellow tabs when in the down position, unlock the top (refer to my pic). Ive watched the install video over and over and just don't see where I could have went wrong. Pretty frustrating.

@Bestop Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hi @bevensen
Sorry for the troubles. As mentioned, you should flip the yellow tabs to unlock the top and bring it down. When you push it back up, the tabs should reset. If this differs from the way your top operates, please give our Customer Service team a buzz. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

tawsenior

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door 2.0T - Mojito!
Let me know when they finally decide to make the fully retractable top for the 2 door. I'm feeling pretty shafted over here.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@bevensen I can't say I've ever just flipped the lever back and forth like that. I can't say that I see anything wrong in just that video. The tabs should be flipped to allow you to bring the top fully down, then when you push the top back up they should reset themselves. Hope that helps!

Lee

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

blsjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 rubicon unlimited
So it’s the same but now has a dumb Bestop logo on it? K
hi all, i'm considering this top but am discouraged with the logo as well. i asked bestop about removal, unsurprisingly they said it can't be removed. i understand they don't want to promote removal of their own logo.

does anyone have a view on the ability to take it off on your own? i'm just not sure i would pull the trigger on it without knowing it could be removed somehow.

thanks

tawsenior

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door 2.0T - Mojito!
2-Door JL..... Anything? Us 2-doors are getting lonely out here in the cold. We would also like a fully retractable soft top that isn't Mopar. Please?

Last edited:

blsjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 rubicon unlimited
it's a 4 door JK
Sponsored