Bestop Supertop Ultra Installed

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just spent the weekend installing the Bestop Supertop Ultra with my sons on our 2020 JLUR. This twill soft top is awesome!! We are looking forward to warm weather now so we can use it.

20200410_222710.jpg

20200410_230226.jpg
Sponsored

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
It looks like the premium soft top that you can get from the factory when you order or buy off the lot. I was wondering when they would be bringing out one for them to sell. Do they have Tan???

And it does look good

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Nothing they make the mopar one also! Except you can't use their rebate with mopar one!

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
On my hardtop I open the tailgate and lift the back glass to put things in the back. How easy is it to open back window to put stuff in the back? Haven't seen any videos doing that. Just opening everything up.
Thanks

OP
OP
kiese02

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
On my hardtop I open the tailgate and lift the back glass to put things in the back. How easy is it to open back window to put stuff in the back? Haven't seen any videos doing that. Just opening everything up.
Thanks
To put things in the back you can either open just the tailgate and put stuff in or open the tailgate and unlatch the back window. It has a bracket that the lower rear section of the window locks in to. From there you would just unlatch the rear window sides and you can lift the window up freely. If i get a chance tomm night i will take some pictures of the rear window. Its not as simple as lifting the glass on our hardtop to put something in but its also alot easier to go topless than have to take the hardtop on and off all summer. Our top will primarily be down throughout the summer and then i will put the hardtop back on for winter.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Why must everything these days have such a large logo on it. I really hate this trend. I remember best top used to have a little sewn in tag on the side of the top. Why was that not good enough?
Now, if you purchase anything after market, you have to be willing to be a rolling bill board.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar site has the 4 door premium soft top for $2,150 after $200 discount that lasts all year (tan one might be $200 less than that). Starting Friday Bestop is $2,200 unless they extend discount. You pickup the Mopar top at the dealer where Bestop is delivered to your home. And no logo on the Mopar one.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
To put things in the back you can either open just the tailgate and put stuff in or open the tailgate and unlatch the back window. It has a bracket that the lower rear section of the window locks in to. From there you would just unlatch the rear window sides and you can lift the window up freely. If i get a chance tomm night i will take some pictures of the rear window. Its not as simple as lifting the glass on our hardtop to put something in but its also alot easier to go topless than have to take the hardtop on and off all summer. Our top will primarily be down throughout the summer and then i will put the hardtop back on for winter.
I really wish I could just have the zippers back on the rear windows like the JL top had. Other than that I like the new top.

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Thanks. That doesn't sound too bad.

SDJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2018
Thanks
I don’t have a video, but it’s really easy. Just unhook tabs from tailgate and tailgate seal, unzip sides, fold over to place on roof and load/unload items. Not sure if this makes any sense but the point is, it’s easy . It did take a few times to get used to it, comparing to easy open of back glass when I had the hardtop. So far I’m happy with the TrexTop and look forward to getting the new “ultra” coming out soon.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks
Once you know what you’re doing....30 seconds. I only have the soft top.
Sponsored