Bestop - Supertop Ultra for JL

JoeW

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I’ve seen so many videos I’m confused. What is the difference between the SuperTop Ultra and the OEM Premium top?
The windows come off both. Both have the sun rider feature, both have bikini mode and both fully retract.

Can you disconnect the knuckles on either one to fully collapse the top into the cargo area? Are the OEM windows tinted?
Other than the second spring assist, and my questions I can’t tell a difference.
Am I missing something?

thanks,

JW
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I’ve seen so many videos I’m confused. What is the difference between the SuperTop Ultra and the OEM Premium top?
The windows come off both. Both have the sun rider feature, both have bikini mode and both fully retract.

Can you disconnect the knuckles on either one to fully collapse the top into the cargo area? Are the OEM windows tinted?
Other than the second spring assist, and my questions I can’t tell a difference.
Am I missing something?

thanks,

JW
I don't think you're missing anything, they're pretty similar in looks and functionality.
Both tops fold back to the cargo area, but not necessarily "into" the cargo area depending on how literally you mean that.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

DZZNUTTZ

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sahara
Update: Supertop Ultra for JL is now in stock and shipping!

Everyone has likely seen the video from SEMA showing the Trektop Ultra that we debuted for the JL.

Well, here is something you may not have known was coming...

Bestop's new Supertop Ultra for JL

Our Supertop Ultra for JL has all the same features as seen on the Trektop Ultra for JL but has the traditional square shape. It's already in production, and shipments are planned to start mid/late February.

Some key features:

• Patent-pending Guide Track System makes retracting the top and putting it back in place easier than ever for one person
  • Sunrider sunroof opens for front and rear passengers
  • Zipper-less channels make window install and removal easy
  • Made with our premium Twill fabric
  • Fits the 2018-Current 4 Door JL Wrangler
You can run the Ultra in four ways:

Full-enclosed
stu-1.jpg

Sunrider® open
stu-3.jpg

Safari-style bikini
stu-2.jpg

Fully open
stu-4.jpg

Price of the Supertop Ultra for JL (4 Door) is $1,999.99

You can pre-order and hold your spot in line with just a $75.00 deposit. Again, shipments are expected to start mid/late February (as in the month starting tomorrow :like:)

For more information and pre-order details on the Supertop Ultra for JL click here

PS - I'll be posting up some additional photos - different angles, detail, etc. - over the next few days.
PSS - Interested in the Trektop Ultra for JL? Current plans are to launch pre-orders for it in the next few weeks with shipments starting mid/late March. Stay tuned.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Nice, any coupon codes for the JL Sunrider available?

dArwich77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Would be nice if you correct the post to say JLU.
Been fooled couple times thinking Best top will remember their loyal JL (2 Door) costumers

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Would be nice if you correct the post to say JLU.
Been fooled couple times thinking Best top will remember their loyal JL (2 Door) costumers
Yeah, like the time I asked the hottest girl in my school to the prom and she said "yes" but she was talking to the captain of the football team who was standing behind me.

Anyway, they haven't even replied to my last post inquiring about the Trektop Ultra for 2DR. It will likely be the usual line from vendors when inquiring about 2 door availability "check back with us in a few months."

I get the economics and that making a 2 door version doesn't always pay for them, but as a 2 door owner it just sucks is all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Yeah, like the time I asked the hottest girl in my school to the prom and she said "yes" but she was talking to the captain of the football team who was standing behind me.

Anyway, they haven't even replied to my last post inquiring about the Trektop Ultra for 2DR. It will likely be the usual line from vendors when inquiring about 2 door availability "check back with us in a few months."

I get the economics and that making a 2 door version doesn't always pay for them, but as a 2 door owner it just sucks is all.
Rufus,
I'm sorry you felt ignored. I didn't reply to your previous question because the answer was in the post immediately above your question. Trust me, when we have the Ultra available for the 2 door JL, I will do my best to make it very known :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop - Supertop Ultra for JL 1614706306452

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The 2 door made their Fame and Fortune, but now we are so Forgettable...
I personally drive a 2 door. We are not being forgotten about, we just have to deal with the fact that we represent the minority in Jeep culture right now, which isn't a bad thing. It's part of what makes 2 doors inherently cool just by existing.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

dArwich77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I personally drive a 2 door. We are not being forgotten about, we just have to deal with the fact that we represent the minority in Jeep culture right now, which isn't a bad thing. It's part of what makes 2 doors inherently cool just by existing.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
a 2 door JL or JK? because Best top used to be pretty inclusive with all the trims, is not until the JL days that the 2 doors where left behind..
Huge fan of Best Top, so much that when I bought my jeep I thought... "I wont take the dual package, I rather better buy from Best Top", and here we are now...

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Rufus,
I'm sorry you felt ignored. I didn't reply to your previous question because the answer was in the post immediately above your question. Trust me, when we have the Ultra available for the 2 door JL, I will do my best to make it very known :)

1614706306452.png

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks for your reply. The messages you pasted go back to Feb 20 lol. I was hoping for an update here now that it’s 2021, that’s all.
Sponsored