Sponsored

Bestop - Supertop Ultra for JL

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Thanks for your reply. The messages you pasted go back to Feb 20 lol. I was hoping for an update here over a year later, that’s all.
Sponsored

calipo223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda accord
Yes I wish we could get a timeline on an ultra for the 2 door JL. Warm weather is coming and I would like to take the hard top off and have a new ultra top installed by best top !

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Bestop has been buying up competitors ( Softopper, 2019 , Baja Designs, 2016) and had been bought from Magna International by Kinderhook Industries. Usually these buyouts are to focus on the money making opportunities, if you are only a small part of that, as 2 doors seem to be, don't hold your breath. Top heavy with management, "engineers" outsourcing to China and Mexico has meant a lack of interest in any product that doesn't mean big profits immediately. Hopefully, aftermarket start ups can fill the need that is not being met by the Behemoths. Big is not necessarily " better" for the consumer

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thanks for your reply. The messages you pasted go back to Feb 20 lol. I was hoping for an update here now that it’s 2021, that’s all.
I don't mean to split hairs here but it was actually October. Either way, I get where you're coming from.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I don't mean to split hairs here but it was actually October. Either way, I get where you're coming from.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Correct, my bad. The fact remains though that I did ask again 4 months later and was looking for a reply is all. That is why I asked for an update. Please let us know if you don’t have plans to make the Trektop Ultra for a 2 door JL. Thanks.

Sponsored

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D Rubicon, 2018 JKU Rubicon
I will probably wait for the Ultra. Do you think its coming out this year?

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
20 mins of sun did the trick.

pro tip, don’t try install if it’s cold. Shoot for installing in direct sun, or over 80 degrees would be my guess. 40’s, it’s impossible :LOL:
I just installed mine tonight. I gave up on the rear window after an hour. Need to apply some heat tomorrow I guess. Other than that everything went great.

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I’m trying to order parts for my Trektop ultra for JL. I’ve been emailing Uriel Dominguez but can’t seem to get a reply. Is there a better way to get the parts I need? Thanks

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I just installed mine tonight. I gave up on the rear window after an hour. Need to apply some heat tomorrow I guess. Other than that everything went great.
I ended up closing up the garage, turning on the torpedo heater, and baking my jeep for about half an hour. That loosened things up just enough to be able to get the rear window latched in place. I think things turned out pretty good. If I have to complain about something it would be that the top seams above the rear window don't sit very flush. But I think a little time for everything to stretch out in the sun will let things pull down a little more even.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I have mine sitting in the garage waiting for a little bit warmer weather. I like to wait until I am done coaching youth baseball so I don't have to access the rear quite as much!

The key is letting the top warm up in the sun for a few hours for sure!

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
I know this hasn't been active lately, but are there any good storage bag solutions for the rear windows?

Nothing seems to be listed as compatible with this top.

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I know this hasn't been active lately, but are there any good storage bag solutions for the rear windows?

I don't think there is a good solution besides leaving it at home.. or flat in the back. There is rigid plastic on and sides so it can't really be rolled properly.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

I have a mopar window bag, I’ll double check if I can fit my windows in there.
Sponsored