First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
That would be great. We'd appreciate it!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I’d be glad to right now I am in the process of making a powered winch using a combination of some other lifting assemblies for the hardtop didn’t really find one all in one that I cared for so I thought what the hell I’ll make my own soon as that’s finished and I get the new top on I’ll get in touch thanks again you’ve been very helpful

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I currently have an 18 Rubicon and have both the hardtop and the OEM Premium Twill Soft-top. As you guys may have seen, many of the OEM Twill tops are experiencing sagging rear and side windows. I have only had the softtop on since September of last year, and my side windows already have a significant sag. A few days ago it was a bit warmer outside and very sunny, and I noticed my back window had a sag then as well. Now that the weather has gotten cold again, the rear sag is gone, but not the sides. Also, the area just above the side windows has developed what I would call a "C-channel" shape. Just do a forum search on this site for "sagging soft top windows" and you will see plenty of photos of what I'm referring to.

MY questions are 1) Does this new top address this issue? 2) Will there be any type of recall, buy-back, trade-in program, etc for the people who have these sagging tops? and 3) Has Bestop come up with any solutions for this?

Also, I should note my sag is not as bad as others, however I have applied your Twill soft-top protectant probably 3 times already to the entire top, and have yet to have the top installed in hot weather, which I'm sure is going to make the sag worse.

Update: Here is a link to one of the threads I was discussing: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-premium-black-soft-top-back-window-sag.8311/

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Great News I really appreciate the updates.
When I get it installed I’ll be glad to do a review and post some pictures if you guys wish?
We've got them in and they are currently going through QA to make sure everything is in good order. I saw a couple of emails passing earlier today that gave me the impression they should be released for shipment late this week or early next. I'll ask tomorrow when I'm over at HQ :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Any shipping update? Thanks again!!!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Any shipping update? Thanks again!!!
I was at HQ on Thursday and spoke to the head of customer service. She indicated that QA was still underway but thought it would be wrapping up soon. Before you get any shipping notice you'll be getting a call from someone in the customer service team to get the remaining balance for the top (so don't ignore a 303 or 720 prefixed number when they call ;)). Once the balance is collected it should go pretty quickly through the shipping process. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I was at HQ on Thursday and spoke to the head of customer service. She indicated that QA was still underway but thought it would be wrapping up soon. Before you get any shipping notice you'll be getting a call from someone in the customer service team to get the remaining balance for the top (so don't ignore a 303 or 720 prefixed number when they call ;)). Once the balance is collected it should go pretty quickly through the shipping process. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thank you very much I appreciate the update I will look for 303 or 720 numbers. Glad you told me that I get a ton of spam calls most are crap I block the numbers. There’s no chance anyone tried to call me the end of last week correct? Thanks so much!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thank you very much I appreciate the update I will look for 303 or 720 numbers. Glad you told me that I get a ton of spam calls most are crap I block the numbers. There’s no chance anyone tried to call me the end of last week correct? Thanks so much!
I'm certain no calls went out last week as everything was still be run through QA. If I hear something from customer service on when calls might start I'll provide an update.

Thanks!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I'm certain no calls went out last week as everything was still be run through QA. If I hear something from customer service on when calls might start I'll provide an update.

Thanks!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I can’t thank you enough I sincerely appreciate it!
Just finished installing my powered winch and frame for removing the hardtop today so I’m getting geared up.

ScottG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does bestop offer a window storage bag like the Hoss that will work with this top?

03Indigo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra Platinum, 2018 BMW M2, 2018 Ford Explorer, 2018 JLU Sport, 2020 Indian Scout
Received my 2nd box today so was able to start the install.

I called customer service today to let you all know that the bracket that bolts to the rear roll cage, on page 10 of the instructions. The imprint directional stamp was upside down on both sides. If I tried to mount them with the arrow facing up, it wouldn’t work. Just so you know, I’m sure I’m not the only one with the manufacturing error. So my arrows are pointing down

I’m too tired to finish it up, but here are a few pics...

C6CED584-0C9B-404E-96FD-1F8DBC267300.jpeg

662123A0-5CE5-4AF2-B012-928C21AF120D.jpeg

DE6E3ACF-BAA2-4E2A-AEA5-90CAD94C8963.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Received my 2nd box today so was able to start the install.

I called customer service today to let you all know that the bracket that bolts to the rear roll cage, on page 10 of the instructions. The imprint directional stamp was upside down on both sides. If I tried to mount them with the arrow facing up, it wouldn’t work. Just so you know, I’m sure I’m not the only one with the manufacturing error. So my arrows are pointing down

mom too tired to finish it up, but here are a few pics...

C6CED584-0C9B-404E-96FD-1F8DBC267300.jpeg

662123A0-5CE5-4AF2-B012-928C21AF120D.jpeg

DE6E3ACF-BAA2-4E2A-AEA5-90CAD94C8963.jpeg
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. So the install is time consuming and difficult?
Thanks

03Indigo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra Platinum, 2018 BMW M2, 2018 Ford Explorer, 2018 JLU Sport, 2020 Indian Scout
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. So the install is time consuming and difficult?
Thanks
move got about 3.5 hours in, but I’m fat and old and move slow. Ha. I laid out everything on a moving blanket in the garage, so I could see what I had for each step, the organization helped move it along faster. Watch your T45 bolts and some of the T30s, there are different lengths, head sizes that are specific. The instruction pics don’t differentiate between the bolts well. They give measurements of the bolts in the instructions. Also, the T8 was a T10 for me. Small things like that. And, look closely at the orientation of the roll bar brackets that attach to the mechanism, as mentioned, mine were stamped wrong. It’s super snug, tight fit, had to wrestle with it to get it to close like in the pic. Sure that will ease up as the sun hits it and the material relaxes a little? It doesn’t move as smooth first try as I was expecting, again, that may just be the material.

Instructions say 4 hours. I’d say that’s realistic, if you’re mechanically inclined. If not, allow more time.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
move got about 3.5 hours in, but I’m fat and old and move slow. Ha. I laid out everything on a moving blanket in the garage, so I could see what I had for each step, the organization helped move it along faster. Watch your T45 bolts and some of the T30s, there are different lengths, head sizes that are specific. The instruction pics don’t differentiate between the bolts well. They give measurements of the bolts in the instructions. Also, the T8 was a T10 for me. Small things like that. And, look closely at the orientation of the roll bar brackets that attach to the mechanism, as mentioned, mine were stamped wrong. It’s super snug, tight fit, had to wrestle with it to get it to close like in the pic. Sure that will ease up as the sun hits it and the material relaxes a little? It doesn’t move as smooth first try as I was expecting, again, that may just be the material.

Instructions say 4 hours. I’d say that’s realistic, if you’re mechanically inclined. If not, allow more time.
Hey I’m getting old too, Thanks so much for the advice. I’ll let you know how it does tomorrow. My fingers are crossed. Have a good rest of your evening. Thanks !!!

03Indigo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finished up this morning, have it sitting in the sun to warm it up. Getting the rear window edge flaps in is impossible. Hoping the heat softens it up enough to stretch....

D8528C93-5454-4E56-9CE7-3654C6FD4919.jpeg

BBA70318-674C-43DD-AEF8-925562C93D07.jpeg

E81B8B1C-761A-4F7F-A9FE-C1FA255D6654.jpeg

C75C2E62-B651-4FA9-B986-1494D0CD0918.jpeg

F66F8FD0-82BD-482E-8FC6-E0DC6529898D.jpeg

4B01B48F-79BD-4B50-A3F0-D469AF4E8B4C.jpeg
Sponsored