First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
It's expensive, but worth it. The most used mod I have on the Jeep. I ordered the Bestop twill version on Amazon for $855 and had it the next day. That's still the Amazon price.

It will also shave about 20lbs off your Jeep, thus increasing your 0-60 time by .02 seconds.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
It's expensive, but worth it. The most used mod I have on the Jeep. I ordered the Bestop twill version on Amazon for $855 and had it the next day. That's still the Amazon price.

It will also shave about 20lbs off your Jeep, thus increasing your 0-60 time by .02 seconds.
@DHW

Do you really think that the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop is " 20lbs" lighter then your Freedom Panels..

Actually the Bestop Sunrider, Twill is a tad heavier then the weight of the 2 Freedom Panels.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
@DHW

Do you really think that the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop is " 20lbs" lighter then your Freedom Panels..

Actually the Bestop Sunrider, Twill is a tad heavier then the weight of the 2 Freedom Panels.
That was a bit of comedic exaggeration, but the two panels are definitely heavier than the Sunrider, just not by much. The panels are 15lbs each. The Twill SR is 25lbs and the black diamond is 33lbs.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was a bit of comedic exaggeration, but the two panels are definitely heavier than the Sunrider, just not by much. The panels are 15lbs each. The Twill SR is 25lbs and the black diamond is 33lbs.
@DHW

Twill Sunrider with it's hardware is heavier then the 2 Freedom Panels..

Actual shipping weight of the Twill is 38# ..... the cardboard shipping box weighs very little...

Freedom Panels weigh about 12 ish# each...

WSG55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just can’t justify ordering the Mopar with the shipping costs?
For me it was cheaper than getting the Bestop, that's why I pulled the trigger on the Mopar. Got it at $795 from a local dealer, I just had to go pick it up.

And yes I believe it's the same design/material as Bestop.

Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
For me it was cheaper the getting the Bestop, that's why I pulled the trigger on the Mopar. Got it at $795 from a local dealer, I just had to go pick it up.

Nice! 👍🏽

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me it was cheaper the getting the Bestop, that's why I pulled the trigger on the Mopar. Got it at $795 from a local dealer, I just had to go pick it up.

@WSG55

What is the warranty on the Mopar offering... I thought it was a year..

To me paying the $55 or whatever more to get a limited lifetime warranty would have me going with the Bestop, TWILL...... Especially since the zclips when they break more often then not break after a couple of years...

Regardless, you will enjoy your SR!!

foofykid

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know why the one from Mopar wouldn't work on a 18 JL? I can't see why my 18 is any different from a 21.

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Anyone know why the one from Mopar wouldn't work on a 18 JL? I can't see why my 18 is any different from a 21.
It should work just fine on an '18 JL. Just be sure it's a JL - I *believe* that '18 was the crossover year, so there were some JKs built and some JLs built.

If you buy from Amazon you get Bestop's warranty and Amazon's return policy. Best of both worlds.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@foofykid

It would work.... but I suggest you buy the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop JL. Buy the Twill version..

Sure the Mopar SR is made by Bestop.... but the warranty on the Bestop SR in Twill is better then the warranty that the Mopar SR has.

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Mine’s an 18. It’ll fit.

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I just purchased the Mopar one from my local dealer at a 10% discount, but didn’t think to ask if the Mopar one is the thicker TWILL material. Shit. For bestop there are two options but Mopar only one. Does anyone know if the Mopar one is the TWILL heavier fabric?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice thanks
@Mikejd1

Ask the Jeep dealer to add the Mopar Sunrider for Hardtop, to the Mopar accessories list associated with/linked to your particular vehicle VIN#.

Warranty time length for that Mopar accessory may be extended if you do this.
Sponsored