Sponsored

Bestop Sunrider twill cleaning and protection

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
So for those who have one of the Bestop twill sunrider soft top replacing their freedom panels....what do you use to clean and protect?

Bestop offers some products but wow.....pricey.

Chemical guys offer some stuff and I have used their stuff before elsewhere.....but do not want to damage the top etc.

I was told dawn dish soap and water to clean it, using a brush......but what for protection?

Took the soft top off for the winter so not worried about it till spring but planning ahead for the warm salt-free days to come!

What do y'all use?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So for those who have one of the Bestop twill sunrider soft top replacing their freedom panels....what do you use to clean and protect?

Bestop offers some products but wow.....pricey.

Chemical guys offer some stuff and I have used their stuff before elsewhere.....but do not want to damage the top etc.

I was told dawn dish soap and water to clean it, using a brush......but what for protection?

Took the soft top off for the winter so not worried about it till spring but planning ahead for the warm salt-free days to come!

What do y'all use?

@moparcruiser

Two different Bestop reps ... that have been with Bestop for years.....when I talked to them, both recommended this product for cleaning the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop over the Bestop offering.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0185PU376/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They both, also recommended I periodically treat my SR with this product:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG3OHVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did take their advice! .... and use both products.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I use 303 cleaner then once it’s dry I use the fabric protectant and the protectant will last months but you still have to clean the top with a quick wash of your choice, for me I only use the 303 cleaner prior to the protectant after that I just use Megs Gold Wash ( same soap used to wash Jeep )

OP
OP

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
@moparcruiser

Two different Bestop reps ... that have been with Bestop for years.....when I talked to them, both recommended this product for cleaning the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop over the Bestop offering.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0185PU376/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They both, also recommended I periodically treat my SR with this product:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG3OHVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did take their advice! .... and use both products.

Thanks! I have used 303 before on other stuff....

Just dont want to use the wrong stuff and ruin it....

Seems like the route you lay out is a better way to go! Glad to hear that Bestop reps have signed off on it...

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@moparcruiser there are literally thousands of products on the market so you as as the owner has to choose what works for you based on the performance you are are looking for and at times some products that cost less perform the same function and at times they don’t.

For me I recently revamped my entire detailing process.

Here is what I used the last time I did a full detail

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider twill cleaning and protection A6A7CF80-169F-47B3-894E-BC7C360231D3
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider twill cleaning and protection 82EFC9C8-EBEA-4B90-AD7B-132B8FDBC211
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider twill cleaning and protection F3CBD4CD-95DA-4E85-A0FB-8A046D44931F
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider twill cleaning and protection DB0A953C-2A06-48A4-842B-14EC6929A091

My JL gets a weekly Wash and interior cleaning and that only entails using these items on the exterior and as I said I use the Megs Gold on the SR top along with the rest of the outside, the Megs Gold Class is a super concentrated wash that can be used with a foam cannon or gun along with the bucket method and my SR top has shown no ill effects of using it but I do use the 303 cleaner before the protectant when i see it’s not repelling water, I got the 303 cleaner from a 303 Rep as I was reviewing that product for them along with several others they offer and doubt I will get it again and that’s not because it did not perform it was solely based on cost versus performance and in the detailing world cost affects the bottom line but one does not want to sacrifice the end result so that’s where the testing comes in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider twill cleaning and protection 8B2DE8E6-8BDE-4F00-B759-8440A5FC1A02
Sponsored