Bestop Sunrider on Amazon

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Hmmm , Thx! I thought I watched the newest Vid? Didn’t mention anything about the tape & Z”s.
I would say do a Youtube search of the Bestop Sunrider and watch all the install videos taking note of their date. There are a couple newer ones that show building the unit off the Jeep, and once you put the Z Clip through the hole use some electrical tape to hold it in place.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
4 times so far, I have had to assemble a Bestop Sunrider for JL. Even after assembling 3, I even found dealing with the z-clips on the 4th, SR still a pain in the arse.

DO assemble the SR on the floor of your garage.

Lay a shipping pad / blanket on the floor and lay out the SR on it..

Assemble the SR and then..... especially, if you are by yourself, take a shipping pad / blanket and lay it up on top of your hardtop, just to the rear/behind where the Freedom Panels go.

Now, lift the assembled SR and lie it up on top of that shipping pad / blanket on the roof of the hardtop.

Thanks to the shipping pad / blanket the SR frame will not scratch the hardtop and it... the shipping pad / blanket will also easily, allow you to move around the SR ..... to get it in place....

As for the z-clip(s) install... I found...

Do one z-clip at a time. Grab the cable on one side of the SR, with a pair of pliers and firmly, gently pull on the cable.

Pull till you get a couple of inches of slack and then clamp on the cable pair of vice grips on the cable, near the fabric, so it cannot retract.

Be careful not to marr/damage the cable.

Now, with the vice grips in place, you have the necessary ... helpful slack you need to more easily compete the insertion of the z into the hole.

After you get it inserted into the hole, hold the z clip in place with a piece of black electrical tape and also hold with your finger..... and bolt the arm onto the SR. After you got one, repeat using the vice grips on the other side.

Careful! ... do not clamp onto the Z clip itself with the vice grips or plier, as you may break it.

Sponsored

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
That was a way easy install. Used this video and it turned out great:

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
That was a way easy install. Used this video and it turned out great:
I had to delay my delivery because i am going to be out of town the next few days. I don’t have my Wrangler yet anyway so no big deal.

Glad that worked out, that was the video I planned to follow as well.

Last edited:

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Mine came in today. That was fast!
Sponsored