Sponsored

Bestop Sunrider...... getting ready to order....If you have one can you provide some feedback?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So I sold my soft top yesterday. I put it on Facebook Market Place and it sold in ten minutes. I liked the soft top, but I have an ARB fridge in the back and taking out the rear window everytime to get into the back of the Jeep was beginning to suck. With me living in Michigan, the soft top was only on a few month a year so it was time for it to go. I love being topless so and have a hoist for the hard top, so I will just deal with that instead.

So I am buying the Bestop Sunrider, There is a black twill and a black diamond. The black diamond is currently $200 less than the twill. Is the twill worth the extra $200? If so why?
Sponsored

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Too bad you missed the earlier special, $200 off the Twill. I haven't seen the Black Diamond so I can't comment or compare but I know the Twill is nice and heavy fabric.
Regardless you will love it. I saw many say increases the noise but I haven't noticed any increase at all.
Love it!

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
This is the best add to my Jeep so far! Love the convenience of being able to maintain all the benefits of the hard top but also to have easy open air without having to lug the panels. I have the twill and as the previous poster stated it seems to be a high quality durable material. With all the opening and closing and the fabric continually bending, I’d just rather have the heavier grade material.

As for noise, I haven’t really noticed any difference. Be sure to take the time to install correctly or you may experience some rattling.

Otherwise, take the doors off, flip the top back and almost as good as having a soft top IMO.

love mine and would buy again and again!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider...... getting ready to order....If you have one can you provide some feedback? 5F961C28-637A-43F1-AA75-855809A0C5E8

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Best add on so far, I went with the twill and at the time they had $100 rebate. I think the twill also has a longer warranty.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Did you see the recent posts with the sagging? I actually forgot they offered two "levels" of fabric and I don't recall if those posts mentioned WHICH was sagging.

Mine's been great but I went w the more expensive option.

The sagging looks like ass but more importantly I don't see how it wouldn't flap excessively. Even mine does a rapid vibration w a window down, it's kinda annoying

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
So I sold my soft top yesterday. I put it on Facebook Market Place and it sold in ten minutes. I liked the soft top, but I have an ARB fridge in the back and taking out the rear window everytime to get into the back of the Jeep was beginning to suck. With me living in Michigan, the soft top was only on a few month a year so it was time for it to go. I love being topless so and have a hoist for the hard top, so I will just deal with that instead.

So I am buying the Bestop Sunrider, There is a black twill and a black diamond. The black diamond is currently $200 less than the twill. Is the twill worth the extra $200? If so why?
Go for it! I bought mine as soon as they were available and loved it ever since. The twill reminds me of a Haartz material on high end convertibles whereas the other material is like the older Jeep soft top material. No sags at all(I have the twill). No leaks, use the alien sun shade which gives plenty of room to latch/unlatch the flip back. When it got really cold I heard some creaking with the structure but gave it a good shot of silicone spray and that cured it. Best add on. Good luck

RUBIJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner, 1967 Dodge R/T, 2018 Wrangler, Honda 750 K1
I purchased the Twill version. Limited lifetime warranty and I thought the Twill just looked and felt better. I just posted my new Twill soft top for sale because I enjoy the convenience of the Sunrider for hardtop so much. It only takes 7-8 seconds to open or close and I have used it all winter with no problems. For me from the driver's seat it almost feels the same as no top. We even keep it open during light snow for a fun effect.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider...... getting ready to order....If you have one can you provide some feedback? IMG_6670.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider...... getting ready to order....If you have one can you provide some feedback? IMG_6832.JPG

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
There are plenty of installation vids online, make sure to tuck the fabric behind the door rail.

You may need to adjust the catch plate to make sure it is tightly clamped.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
When it got really cold I heard some creaking with the structure but gave it a good shot of silicone spray and that cured it. Best add on. Good luck
Where did you spray the silicone? My creaks in winter too and would love to do this if it's really that easy!

gbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I’ve been curious, for those of you who are running the Sunrider on a 2-door, is there much buffeting when the top is open at speed?

I assume 4-door folks can simply crack the rear windows if needed to reduce buffeting, but obviously 2-doors don’t have that option.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone got pics of it closed? Thanks

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Where did you spray the silicone? My creaks in winter too and would love to do this if it's really that easy!
I opened it, covered the seats with some old towels and sprayed all the swivel points and latch mechanism. Hasn't squeaked since but probably is an annual maintenance.

How it works for you!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Ted,

You will not regret getting the Sunrider. I love the soft top but for extended trips and where I ended up hanging my CO2 tank, the hard top is required. The Sunrider gives you back the easy open of the soft top and is so nice to have.

The twill is a better thicker material and is only a bit louder than my damped and lined freedom panels. It will last longer and earn your smiles over the black diamond if the budget allows.
Sponsored