Sponsored

Bestop Sunrider...... getting ready to order....If you have one can you provide some feedback?

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Bought my twill sunrider last year from Northridge 4x4. Used forum discount + the $100 mail in rebate, superb deal. I use it everyday in the FL sun, you will not be disappointed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ted,

You will not regret getting the Sunrider. I love the soft top but for extended trips and where I ended up hanging my CO2 tank, the hard top is required. The Sunrider gives you back the easy open of the soft top and is so nice to have.

The twill is a better thicker material and is only a bit louder than my damped and lined freedom panels. It will last longer and earn your smiles over the black diamond if the budget allows.
I searched all over to buy it and ever where was out of stock, on a whim, I checked Amazon and they had three of the black twill in stock so I ordered and it will be to the house in three days. Usually I try to order through my local off road shop, but he said that he was at least a month out before he could get one.

gbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I checked Amazon and they had three of the black twill in stock
Your post convinced me to pull the trigger. I've been waiting for months for Twill to go on sale again and missing so much beautiful weather in the meantime. Ugh. Ordered at full price from Bestop via Amazon. Ouch. Pleasant surprise? Amex points paid for the whole thing! Woo!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Your post convinced me to pull the trigger. I've been waiting for months for Twill to go on sale again and missing so much beautiful weather in the meantime. Ugh. Ordered at full price from Bestop via Amazon. Ouch. Pleasant surprise? Amex points paid for the whole thing! Woo!
@gbox

I've had my Sunrider for JL on my Rubi, since 11/18. I have driven 28,000 mi.+ with it on. It has been through Upstate NY Winter... Snow, Florida heat and more.

I take care of it... I clean it regularly.. When I sell the JL, I will sell the Sunrider for JL and recoop about 1/2 of what I paid for it. It looks like new after all these months. The Twill holds up well. I see no sign of fading or wear. SOooo, don't sweat over what you paid for it.. enjoy it, as I enjoy mine.

@Bestop

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I am awaiting the delivery of my Twill Sunrider (later today), I ordered from Quadratec last Tuesday, they said out of stock for a couple of weeks, on Wednesday morning I woke up and found a tracking email in my inbox.

What are folks using to clean/maintain them? The Bestop products, or something else?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am awaiting the delivery of my Twill Sunrider (later today), I ordered from Quadratec last Tuesday, they said out of stock for a couple of weeks, on Wednesday morning I woke up and found a tracking email in my inbox.

What are folks using to clean/maintain them? The Bestop products, or something else?
For the Twill, Sunrider for JL, I use this every few times I was the JL. Even had a Bestop rep, recommend this product over their offering. 8-)

Otherwise, I just wash the twill with regualr car wash soap and a very very soft brush.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider...... getting ready to order....If you have one can you provide some feedback? 81niv90aagL._AC_SL1500_

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0185PU376/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this brush, which is great.... but a tad pricey:
A must for a softop owner.... 8-)
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider...... getting ready to order....If you have one can you provide some feedback? oijkl888

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LOJK208/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Another way to clean the Twill fabric top is to vacuum it with a Soft wall / upholstery brush attachment. This draws the dust/ dirt up out of the fabric, recommended by the Haartz fabric top care

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another way to clean the Twill fabric top is to vacuum it with a Soft wall / upholstery brush attachment. This draws the dust/ dirt up out of the fabric, recommended by the Haartz fabric top care
Good luck with that.... maybe to get dust, pollen and such, but to get road grime, diesel fuel reside from the interstate, bird chitt, tree droppings, mud, light removable stains and whatnot, which is usually the case, cleaning it wet and with a very soft brush is the way to go.

In regard to the Sunrider for JL, I find it best to clean with the cleaner, brush and rinse with lots and lots of plain water. Then I take an absorbent towel and use it to absorb the excess water on the Twill. THEN, I unlatch the Sunrider and leave the SR to dry. Drying with the SR unlatched allows the SR, Twill to tighten back up... so when you re-latch the SR, the Twill fabric is nice and tight... I have been running my SR, Twill for almost 2 years and well over 25,000 mi.. My SR, Twill still looks as new.

I have heard to use a vacuum for convertibles stored for long period of time to get the dust off but for a car that is on the road or trail ........ best to stick with cleaner, water and soft brush.
Sponsored