• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

North Carolina Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop

LoonChaser

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
I am considering the purchase of a Bestop Sunrider softtop that replaces the freedom panels for the summer. The twill appears to be the best option. I am interested in anyone experience with that product. We don’t want to remove the hardtop And purchase a complete soft although I am told that is the best option. This is our first Jeep, a 2019 JLU.
Thanks for you opinions.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I am considering the purchase of a Bestop Sunrider softtop that replaces the freedom panels for the summer. The twill appears to be the best option. I am interested in anyone experience with that product. We don’t want to remove the hardtop And purchase a complete soft although I am told that is the best option. This is our first Jeep, a 2019 JLU.
Thanks for you opinions.
@Greg plapp

You are talking the Bestop Sunrider for JL

You will absolutely love it! Do buy the TWILL ... You will be able to leave it on year round and leave the Freedom Panels in their storage bag..

Read starting at page 15 and read til page 32 page: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-sunrider-for-hardtop-for-the-all-new-jeep®-wrangler-jl-is-here.14932/

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I use it daily and it seems to be the best purchase that I made. I have the twill

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon

Sponsored

mwpncookeville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Stingray Gray
I use it daily and it seems to be the best purchase that I made. I have the twill
I am considering the same purchase as the OP - one question, does the top when open collect bugs while driving with it open, and then when you fold it back down you have dead bug splatter on the "roof" over your head in the jeep?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I am considering the same purchase as the OP - one question, does the top when open collect bugs while driving with it open, and then when you fold it back down you have dead bug splatter on the "roof" over your head in the jeep?
I haven't experienced that. The windshield deflects wind higher than most people realize.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20,000+ miles of driving with the Sunrider for JL , in the open position.. Never had a bug get caught there or die there. Many of these miles in Florida, where lots of bugs are in the air. SR is a terrific addition!

Sponsored

mwpncookeville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@mwpncookeville

If you buy a Sunrider for JL, DO, but the TWILL version.
Thanks for the input, one more question, if you want to go topless is it an issue to remove the sunrider? We had the top and doors off over the 4th of July weekend, and really enjoyed that, so I wouldn't want to make it much more difficult to do that again.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input, one more question, if you want to go topless is it an issue to remove the sunrider? We had the top and doors off over the 4th of July weekend, and really enjoyed that, so I wouldn't want to make it much more difficult to do that again.
Personally, I have gotten away from removing the hard top. I'm to much on the go so.... also, when the rain comes, I want a roof, now. 8-) So, I got the SR and never looked back and never regretted the decision.

Anyway, SR has to be unbolted and removed before you remove the hardtop. Takes about 10 min to unbolt the SR and lift off.. So, 10 min added time to remove the hardtop.

Can tell you bolting on or unbolting the assembled SR is very easy to do. Helps if you have a second set of hands when doing the deed, although I have always done it on my own.

Big plus with the SR is you can have open top or closed anytime you want and with no effort......
Not just on holidays, etc... 8-)

mwpncookeville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I have gotten away from removing the hard top. I'm to much on the go so.... also, when the rain comes, I want a roof, now. 8-) So, I got the SR and never looked back and never regretted the decision.

Anyway, SR has to be unbolted and removed before you remove the hardtop. Takes about 10 min to unbolt the SR and lift off.. So, 10 min added time to remove the hardtop.

Can tell you bolting on or unbolting the assembled SR is very easy to do. Helps if you have a second set of hands when doing the deed, although I have always done it on my own.

Big plus with the SR is you can have open top or closed anytime you want and with no effort......
Not just on holidays, etc... 8-)
Thanks again, and enjoy that SR and of course your JL!

OP
OP
LoonChaser

LoonChaser

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
Appreciate all the response, all very positive, making for an easier decision. Maybe they will go on sale as summer comes to an end.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU

No bugs but i did leave it open while driving thru a thunder storm, then when I closed it got soaked.
Sponsored