Bestop soft top upkeep questions

SwiftyBrucman

First Name
Lirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport s 2 door
Yesterday I bought a like new bestop nx fast back soft top for my 2 door jl for a sweet deal of sub $500. I had a couple questions regarding cleaning it.

1. I use a foam cannon (cg snow foam soap) when I clean my car, will getting soap on the windows ruin them? And would a pressure washer damage the top?

2. Looks like prev owner had a sticker on the top but removed it and there is glue residue on the window, what’s the best way to try and remove this as I don’t want to scratch the windows

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop soft top upkeep questions 16913D83-6BA9-4C33-BB8B-C92ECC0D0D2F
also attached a pic in case people are wondering how a 2 door jl looks with the fast back top
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@SwiftyBrucman

NO... do not use a pressure washer on a twill soft top. Can damage / will impact the ability of the Twill top to repel water.

With a Twill top, you are best to use a very very soft bush for gently/cleaning the top.

Here is a decent brush... (I use for my Twill Bestop Sunrider)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LOJK208/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do look into buying Twill cleaner and protectorate. Does not have to be Bestop Brand.

As for plastic windows.... a pain in the arse to deal with. I'll let other's chime in about those....

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
1. I use a foam cannon (cg snow foam soap) when I clean my car, will getting soap on the windows ruin them? And would a pressure washer damage the top?

2. Looks like prev owner had a sticker on the top but removed it and there is glue residue on the window, what’s the best way to try and remove this as I don’t want to scratch the windows
Hey @SwiftyBrucman
1. Car wash soap from the DIY car washes are generally okay but heavy degreasers (like engine cleaner) aren't advised. A pressure washer CAN damage the top, heck a pressure washer can damage nearly anything - BUT as long as you're careful and don't get too close you should be okay at a standard car wash. I use the DIY car washes myself, just with caution.

2. For removing the sticker residue, your best bet is rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth.

Hope that helps!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored