Bestop roof rack, anyone running one?

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Looking at the Bestop roof rack, price point is real good, especially today with a 12% off sale, I know its gutter mount but it also dissipates load on the roof itself, I am not looking for an overlander duty type unit, but more for the occasional kayak to the beach. Looks like a fairly solid rack, never saw one in person though, actually didn't even know they made it till I got an email from them recently. Let me know! TIA!
Sponsored

vachau01

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
Also thinking about getting one. Great price for a rack with mounts and from a known brand.

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also thinking about getting one. Great price for a rack with mounts and from a known brand.
I pulled the trigger, very happy with it, couple of mistakes in the instructions but just take your time and you'll figure it out. They don't show it on line or even in the pictures, but it comes with Side plates that cover the hardware from the side, but I wasn't real thrilled with how they looked and opted to not install them. The pictures below are installed without the side plates. They also include mounts for several different styles of lights if you want to do that as well. I also did not install those, but I may in the future, who knows.

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1124.jpeg

vachau01

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
That looks good, a little wider that I thought it would be but can't beat this setup for the price.

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
I'm honestly surprised this is not more popular. I've been searching for a lightweight platform rack for months and didn't know about this. I just found out about it today, and I will also pull the trigger.

This checks every box. Lightweight, no drilling, and looks nice. It's a step up from crossbars.

I pulled the trigger, very happy with it, couple of mistakes in the instructions but just take your time and you'll figure it out. They don't show it on line or even in the pictures, but it comes with Side plates that cover the hardware from the side, but I wasn't real thrilled with how they looked and opted to not install them. The pictures below are installed without the side plates. They also include mounts for several different styles of lights if you want to do that as well. I also did not install those, but I may in the future, who knows.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop roof rack, anyone running one? IMG_1124

Now that you've had this for a few months, how has it been holding up?

Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Only a couple on this product? Their bumper instructions are complete garbage.

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
I'm going to have to look into this one. Thanks!

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yes I have one as well and it's top notch and price is spot on not taking advantage of the consumer

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm honestly surprised this is not more popular. I've been searching for a lightweight platform rack for months and didn't know about this. I just found out about it today, and I will also pull the trigger.

This checks every box. Lightweight, no drilling, and looks nice. It's a step up from crossbars.

Now that you've had this for a few months, how has it been holding up?
I like it a lot, I did install a wind deflector I bought off of Amazon, i'll link it below. There was a bit of road noise up in like the 70 mph range and I frequently take long trips so the addition of the wind deflector made a big difference. @Bestop doesn't offer one so I played around with a few and this one wound up being the best, yeah, still some noise but nothing that would drive you nuts. The rack itself is very sturdy. I have only hauled Kayaks on it, that is what I got it for, very secure and doesn't mess up your roof, I had to take it on and off a couple of time for various reason, it's like a 15 minute job but you do need an extra set of hands. Highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YDDVZSJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
I got it yesterday and installed it right away. I am pleased with the quality and the look. Not a big fan of the mounting system. The mount pieces alone are heavier than the roof rack!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop roof rack, anyone running one? IMG_1260

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
I am having second thoughts about this roof rack. Built quality is excellent, but the mounting system is too heavy, and it is LOUD!

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to put and airfoil on the front, way too loud at highway speed for sure. I'm actually surprised it doesn't come with one, or at least offered as an option.
Sponsored