Bestop Rear Window Lube?

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Hey guys. Finally got our @Bestop Trektop Ultra installed a few weeks back. Loving the soft top and how easy it is to retract the roof in the summertime heat, but I'm running into an issue with the rear window.

The rear window removes just fine. But when going to re-install it, the window just will not slide back into the track easily. I'm talking you have to pull back and forth and fight with the window for 10-15 minutes to get it to travel within the track until it's positioned well enough to attach the sides. I am already starting to see signs of the stitch/seam failing at the top passenger corner as a result of this.

Do you have any recommendations on how best to lubricate this channel? I've been trying baby shampoo/water which works for about 30 seconds before it dries up. I can update this with pics if that will help illustrate what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
If you are already seeing failure contact bestop.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Try rubbing on some powdered graphite, it's a dry lubricant.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Another option I just thought about. Try spraying some silicone spray lube on a rag or qtip and running it in the channel. I need to do this on my door seals in the winter so they don’t freeze. Works great.
Sponsored