Sponsored

Bestop JL Soft Top - Help Us Decide

Which soft top would you like to see available FIRST for the Jl?

• Total voters

Klausvanwinkle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
The sunrider for hard top is one of my favorite mods on my JK. And it will probably be the one of the first things I do on a JL. I'd love to see bolts and nuts or nutserts on the JL's sunrider instead of rivets.
Sponsored

bmurphy710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK 2-door
Hey all,

Everyone is excited about the JL release, and so are we! Now that we have one back in engineering, we want to hear which soft top you would like to see first for the JL! Take our poll and pick 2!!

*CassieAtBestop
Hello
I have almost the opposite request. Any chance you could make tops for the JK similar to the JL soft tops? Essentially a glide 'zipperless' soft top that isn't a fastback; like the NX Glide, but in the factory-style 'square' shape. I realize a lot of people like the fastback look, but it makes for even less room in my 2-door. And it's uncomfortable for people sitting in the back seat.
Please. Purty please.

Klausvanwinkle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Hello
I have almost the opposite request. Any chance you could make tops for the JK similar to the JL soft tops? Essentially a glide 'zipperless' soft top that isn't a fastback; like the NX Glide, but in the factory-style 'square' shape. I realize a lot of people like the fastback look, but it makes for even less room in my 2-door. And it's uncomfortable for people sitting in the back seat.
Please. Purty please.
Agreed! The fastbacks are nice when you're squeezing between two trees, but the rest of the time I can't afford to lose that much cargo space.

Captian Bligh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Overland 5.7 Hemi (T100, 2nd gen 4Runner, 2nd gen Tacoma)
I think your Trektop pro hybrid soft top is a great idea and would love to see it in the 2-door JL.

Sponsored

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
What is the height of the folded sunrider top above the hard top?

I have the Rhino Racks on my JL hardtop and will have my surfboard & Paddleboard on the rack and was wondering if the height of the folded top would interfere with the racking of my surfboard or Paddleboard

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
First wrangler so I don't have any knowledge of which to pick but I do have a preference. I'd like to maintain the amount of room I currently have with the hard top, my dog enjoys the room. I'd like an easier way of dealing with the top since I have a storage garage for the hard top so that means an aftermarket top. I liked the new OEM soft top but the back window, when taken off, does not fit in the back storage area with the alpine system. I'd really like to be able to take the windows off and have them fit without needing to be diagonal and take up precious cargo space...

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Bikini top with tonneu cover, please!:please:

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
To be honest, the one I'd like to see first is the one I ordered from the factory. :giggle:

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
Just sold my 2 door Trektop Pro from my JK - now I can't wait until I can get my hands on a 4 door Pro for my JL. Here's hoping it'll be out in time for summer!

Sponsored

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I am just so glad to hear these soft tops might be available soon!

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
@BestopTeam

Did y’all have anything to do with the Mopar Sun Bonnet for the JL? If so, can you a question or two?

1. Can the JL sun bonnet be left on with the soft top like the JK version? Just fold back the front to latch the header?

2. Do you need to fold the windshield down for initial install?

3. How does it attach to the rest of the JL? The JK version used the door surround bolt holes and existing JK hardware.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

Not that i have heard but that doesn't mean we aren't :) Let me check and get back to you. CassieAtBestop

@BestopTeam

Did y’all have anything to do with the Mopar Sun Bonnet for the JL? If so, can you a question or two?

1. Can the JL sun bonnet be left on with the soft top like the JK version? Just fold back the front to latch the header?

2. Do you need to fold the windshield down for initial install?

3. How does it attach to the rest of the JL? The JK version used the door surround bolt holes and existing JK hardware.

Thanks!

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m torn between the NX glide and the NX plus.

Can the rear window of the NX glide be roled up for storage?

My dog jumps into the back of the jeep but I need to open the back window enough to make room for the jump. The zippered rear window is easy for this but what about the NX glide?
Sponsored