Sponsored

Bestop Hoss storage cart with my JL top?

Joeymac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JKU Willys
Anyone given this a try? It doesn’t seem to line up perfectly.
Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't it just for JK?

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I have my hardtop on one of those now. It’s ok but it leans forwards whereas my JK top sat pretty much upright on it. Still stable enough to be moved around and not worry about it tipping over (2 door top).

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't use any stand like this anymore when it chipped the bottom of my hardtop last year on one like this. I put mine flat on a platform.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I have my hardtop on one of those now. It’s ok but it leans forwards whereas my JK top sat pretty much upright on it. Still stable enough to be moved around and not worry about it tipping over (2 door top).
I have a bestop hoss cart, do you think my 4 door will be fine?

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
@Bestop What caution are you referring to? Like falling over? or does it not fit perfectly?

Do you have a photo?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop What caution are you referring to? Like falling over? or does it not fit perfectly?

Do you have a photo?
I want to preface this as to help prevent the info from being taken out of context. We are talking about fitting a JL hardtop into a JK HOSS Cart. Bestop does not advise this or list the JL as an application for this product. That being said, we have done this with several tops and the area of caution is that the angle of the brackets that the top slides into at the cart does not exactly match the hardtop and a lack of caution here can cause cracking. I hope that adequately answers your question and sets clear expectations.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Eyeball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ & 2023 JLUR
I want to preface this as to help prevent the info from being taken out of context. We are talking about fitting a JL hardtop into a JK HOSS Cart. Bestop does not advise this or list the JL as an application for this product. That being said, we have done this with several tops and the area of caution is that the angle of the brackets that the top slides into at the cart does not exactly match the hardtop and a lack of caution here can cause cracking. I hope that adequately answers your question and sets clear expectations.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Based on the number of JLs on the road, are there any plans to offer and updated cart?

Sponsored

Eyeball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ & 2023 JLUR
I guess I will answer my own question… here we are at roughly the half life of the JL model cycle and no updated cart yet. I think it is a pretty safe bet that one is not coming. Too bad, they had what looks like one of the best solutions on the market with the nesting door rack and dust cover.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I guess I will answer my own question… here we are at roughly the half life of the JL model cycle and no updated cart yet. I think it is a pretty safe bet that one is not coming. Too bad, they had what looks like one of the best solutions on the market with the nesting door rack and dust cover.
@Eyeball Unfortunately there are no plans to make a Hardtop cart for the JL, I apologize.
~Crystal@Bestop
Sponsored